Grant helps Bell Buckle stay in shapeBell Buckle residents can start getting fit soon thanks to a grant for the town park. The town is receiving the Healthy Living Grant to install a "pocket park fitness kit" in the park, said Mayor...
Re-enlistmentPetty Officer Dillon Conner held a U.S. Navy re-enlistment ceremony at Wartrace Baptist Church on March 10 for family and friends. He is the husband of Chelsea Conner, the son of Angela and Donny...
- Dairy farmers hit by contract cuts
- Tornadoes leave trail of damage in their paths
- Church shooting suspect indicted
- Judge dismisses Tennessee lawsuit over refugee resettlement
- Woman who found wallet demands to receive reward
- 'Minimalist' offers tips for spring cleaning
- Motlow conducts three surveys
- Bedford County Schools to close 2 hours early (3/19/18)
- 'Ministry' helpers wanted: Meals on Wheels in need of more drivers (3/18/18)
- Man sets girlfriend on fire (3/18/18)
- Non-district foes stop EaglesThe Shelbyville Central Golden Eagles dropped a pair of non-district games during a Saturday Matinee of baseball. The Eagles (1-4) travel to Tullahoma tonight at 6 in a District 8-AAA contest. Siegel 8, Shelbyville Central 4 — The Stars took control early and built a 3-0 lead before the Eagles rallied for four runs in the fourth inning to even the score...
- Eagle soccer bounces back against Marshall County (3/18/18)
- Viqueens sign with Columbia State (3/18/18)
- Vikings outhit Champs, take first victory (3/18/18)
- Lady Champions rip opening foes (3/18/18)
- Oakland blanks Eagles (3/18/18)
- Big DeKalb 4th finishes off Champs (3/16/18)
- Eagleville stops Vikings in 6th (3/16/18)
- Cascade softball wins 1st matchup (3/16/18)
Planting a seed (3/18/18)David Brown had a calling 17 years ago: Plant a church in the growing city of Murfreesboro. After one attempt didn't work, Shelbyville Mills Baptist Church has started another church plant in...
Poster contest (3/18/18)Bedford County Farm Bureau Women conducted a poster contest recently for fourth-grade students across the state. The theme was "Farm to Fork." Pictured are the first, second and third place winners....
Use guns responsibly (3/18/18)Every time there are tragedies brought about by gun violence, the nation starts talking about the need for more gun control and stricter gun laws. Then something else gains the attention of the media...
Celebs famous for books (3/18/18)Have you ever wanted to write a book? I have. Every so often, the flicker of an idea for the great American novel tap-dances through my mind. So far, the ideas have not compelled me to do much work...
Don't demean animal control officers (3/18/18)(Editor’s note: The following letter is a response to comments made by county commissioners at a meeting on March 13. At the meeting, where salaries were discussed, Commissioner Jimmy Woodson said...
In support of teachers with guns (3/9/18)To the Editor: I almost never write letters to the Editor, but your 3-7-18 article entitled: “Arming teachers isn’t best for schools: Police” has ‘pushed my buttons.’ Of the four police officers...
Tennessee’s roads, infrastructure: A problem shared across the state (3/18/18)Though we often complain about our government, we count on it every day, in large ways and small. An example of a small way … potholes. Which don’t seem like a small issue after they cause your...
Promoting life sciences in Tennessee (3/18/18)“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” — Theodore Roosevelt...
Shelter Pet of the Week
- BonnieIf you have an active lifestyle and want a dog to be by your side, Bonnie is the gal for you, the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association says. She is a very sweet and affectionate retriever mix adult dog with a beautiful black/brown and silver mixture accented by white on the chest, nose and feet....
- ShelbyThe Bedford County Animal Control Pet of the Week is Shelby. She is a 2 year old Terrier mix, current on all vaccinations, microchipped, spayed and Heartworm Negative. BCAC is running an adoption special for the month of March; all adoptions for dogs and cats will be $25.
Darryl Ann Caldwell (3/20/18)Darryl Ann Caldwell, 56, died Tuesday, March 13, 2018, in Shelbyville. A memorial service will be 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 24 at Woodfork AME Church. Visitation begins at 11 a.m. Feldhaus...
Harold Arnold (3/20/18)Harold Arnold, 89, of Shelbyville died Tuesday, March 20, 2018. Arrangements pending: Feldhaus Memorial Chapel.
Jo Ann Rodgers (3/20/18)Jo Ann Rodgers, 68, of Shelbyville. died Tuesday, March 20, 2018. Arrangements pending: Feldhaus Memorial Chapel.
Virginia Metcalf (3/20/18)Virginia Metcalf, 51, of Shelbyville died Monday, March 19, 2018. Arrangements pending: Doak-Howell Funeral Home.
James Sidney 'Jim' Hamilton (3/19/18)James Sidney 'Jim' Hamilton, 76, of Lynchburg died Saturday, March 17, 2018. Funeral services noon Tuesday at Tullahoma Funeral Home, Rev. Herb Hester officiating. Burial at Alex Yarbrough Cemetery...
Mavoureen Joyce Clark Register (3/19/18)Mavoureen Joyce Clark Register, 84, of Humphreys County, formerly of Shelbyville, died Friday, March 9, 2018. Celebration of Life 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 8 at Vine Street Christian Church,...
Public NoticesSUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S SALE Sale at public auction will be on April 20, 2018 on or about 11:00AM local time , at the South door of the Bedford County Courthouse, Shelbyville, Tennessee, conducted by the Substitute Trustee as identified and set forth herein below, pursuant to Deed of Trust executed by CHRISTY GROSS AND SPENCER THREATT, to VALUE TITLE, LLC, Trustee, on July 21, 2005, at Record Book TD 593, Page 296 in the real property records of Bedford County Register's Office, Tennessee. ...
Help WantedUncle Sonny's Bar-B-Que Hiring Part-time. Apply in person at 1505 N. Main St.
BargainsHUTCH, lighted shelves, $175 321-536-6017
Public NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE WHEREAS, default has occurred in the performance of the covenants, terms, and conditions of a Deed of Trust Note dated April 13, 2006, and the Deed of Trust of even date securing the same, recorded April 17, 2006, in Book No. TD619, at Page 613, in Office of the Register of Deeds for Bedford County, Tennessee, executed by Richard Hansen, conveying certain property therein described to Andrew C. Rambo as Trustee for First Community Mortgage, Inc.; and the undersigned,...