Light Rain Fog/Mist ~
High: 44°F ~ Low: 39°F
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013
Cutting corners, saving money? Overblown Electric billPosted Sunday, February 15, 2009, at 9:54 AM
I have been thinking of what can go if i need to really get down to the nitty gritty.
1. Cell phone, i don't like talking on it anyway.
2. cable tv, I can watch CSI on the internet
3. i need electric, but i can hang my clothes outside to dry.
4. I have switched some of my overpriced medications to a lesser medication with a generic brand. I may go crazy in the process , but that is ok. (smiles)
5. I recycle like mad, i reuse like crazy. We just built a back porch sun room using almost all recycled and thrown away materials. (It looks good.)
I am already using store brand foods, and i drive a 22 year old car, so i don't have a payment there.
How are you saving money? What steps are you taking to save more and spend less.
What tips do you have for spending less and feeling rich doing it?
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
Lesa Cox has owned a cleaning service and a bookstore; now, she repairs and maintains computers for the elderly and others on a fixed income. She enjoys animals, gardening, books and fixing old cars. She and her husband have one son, who suffers from Asperger's syndrome.
Hot topicsAntique Wood Stove parts?? Where can you find them?
(7 ~ 1:23 AM, Oct 24)
Tired of spoilt, rude reality stars and shows
What happened to Children and manners?
Who was that awesome man , rescuing a hurt Kitten ??