A Few Clouds ~
High: 74°F ~ Low: 56°F
Tuesday, Mar. 11, 2014
Other peoples Dirt: AKA Cleaning your housePosted Thursday, August 27, 2009, at 3:23 PM
I have cleaned houses since I was 13 years old, seeing how I hated babysitting.
Everyone needs a obsessive compulsive person cleaning their home. It will be done right! I am Monk in a maids uniform.
I have learned alot over the years and I am very good at what I do.
If you want to hire a housekeeper let me give you some tips:
1. We cannot clean effectivly if you are a slob. If you leave your clothing all over the floor, food, and toys it will take up precious time we could be scrubbing light fixtures and such. Only if you have made a previous arrangement with the cleaner, and compensated them financially would I leave a home such a wreak. we're talking cleaning not shoveling garbage.. (I have seen these houses..)
2. We are not mind readers. If you do not want us cleaning a sacred spot like, hubby's desk let us know. Ditto goes for certain rooms.
3. Don't pile on more and more work and expect us to like the fact that we're being stretched thin, with no financial reimbursement.
WE feel used.
4. For God's Sake put away the sex toys...
That also goes for Pot, and porn..
5. Weapons: warn me if you have a loaded .38 under the mattress when I am cleaning. It is no fun if it gets dragged out and discharges..
6. Don't leave a weeks worth of dishes for me to clean, unless you have done #3. (financial reimbursement)
7. Be specific: What do you like done? What areas are just the ones you have to have sanitized? Some folks love a clean kitchen but could care less about other spots..Make use of our skills.
8. I am NOT a theif... come to me and ask if I have seen such and such..I might have, and people are airheaded.. you lose your keys at least twice a week admit it.
9. Pets: warn me if you have psycho dog. I have been cornered by a psycho chow and it is not amusing.....Also if your dog poops everywhere , remember financial reimbursement.
10. Yep: I am there when your kid is sick, and can step in to be nanny.... but don't take advantage of me.I clean houses not babysit!
Things to remember are: a housekeeper can tell alot about you by looking at your house and your car.
If I am meeting a potental client I look inside their car. If it is a pig sty, you can bet the house will be too.
It only takes a second to put that cup/wrapper in a trash bin.
We know what is important to you, do you have do-dads, or do you collect fine art?? Do you have a special oil you use on fine furniture?
We'll know if you are a compulsive shopper, or a alcoholic.
I have found money in very odd spots. Secure your money, I won't steal but someone else might, if I came across it easy.
Next time I blog I may tell you some amusing stories from the Cleaning Zone.
Always remember, your cleaning people are that, people and deserve to be treated with respect. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right cleaner. Oh and go look inside their car, If they are a slob, they won't clean your house good. Guarenteed.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
Lesa Cox has owned a cleaning service and a bookstore; now, she repairs and maintains computers for the elderly and others on a fixed income. She enjoys animals, gardening, books and fixing old cars. She and her husband have one son, who suffers from Asperger's syndrome.
Hot topicsAntique Wood Stove parts?? Where can you find them?
(7 ~ 1:23 AM, Oct 24)
Tired of spoilt, rude reality stars and shows
What happened to Children and manners?
Who was that awesome man , rescuing a hurt Kitten ??