Historic souvenir stolen
One of the most unusual items to be stolen within Bedford County in recent years was taken from a Bell Buckle home within the past month.
An invitation to President Franklin D. Roosevelt's 1941 inauguration, accompanied with pictures and kept in an envelope with the presidential seal, was stolen from an armoire in Billie Locke-Atkins' Cumberland Street home since Jan. 25, Deputy Mike Carrick said.
No signs of forced entry were found.
The items are valued at $1,500, Carrick said.
The person who stole the compact disc player from a car at Beechwood Apartments, Peacock Lane, may have narrowly escaped being caught.
Jonathan J. Jackson told police a white vehicle was speeding away as he entered his car about 10:15 p.m. Sunday. As he started his car he noticed the stereo system missing, police said.
*Two four-wheelers -- a 1997 Honda TRX 300 V and Big Rex 250 -- belonging to Sam Pugh were stolen from behind his home overnight Thursday.
*Items of higher value were bypassed while an $80 battery was taken from a farm truck at the Michael Ficorilli home, New Center Church Road, between Feb. 18-25.
*The rear bumper and both door handles were removed from a wrecked truck at Quality Auto Sales, U.S. 41-A North, a Bedford County Sheriff's Department report says.
Ray A. Sharp of Unionville, the truck's owner, said his son saw the parts in place at 10 a.m. Saturday and they were gone at 2 p.m.
*A bag containing prescription drugs owned by Leisa Perry of Shelbyville was taken from her car at Wal-Mart around midnight Saturday.
The following persons were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force and processed through Bedford County Jail. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* James Earl Walker, 25, Butler Avenue; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $3,000 bond
* Michael Edward Merlo, 19, Union Street; possession of a weapon; released, $1,500 bond
* David Warren Crowder, 21, June Avenue; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Jere Max Johnson, 20, South Brittain Street; no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $750 bond
* John Lewis Overstreet Jr., 43, Hermitage; assault; released, $4,000 bond
* Ricky Charles Smotherman, 44, West End Circle; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond, Friday; violation of order of protection, held, $2,500 bond, Saturday
* Lavelle T. Kenney, 19, Ray Street; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $4,000 bond
* Gary Lethron Corder Thomison, 19, Anna Lane; contributing to the delinquency of a minor, simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $5,000 bond
* Jason Matthew Shelton, 18, Michael Lane; contributing to the delinquency of a minor, possession of schedule VI drug, introducing contraband into a penal institution; released, $7,000 bond
* Kendra Desiree Benson, 18, King Arthur Trailer Court; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; released, $3,000 bond
* Latasha Lynn Drain, 18, Bird Street; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; released, $3,000 bond
* Jeffrey Lamar Campbell, 44, Birmingham, Ala.; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $1,500 bond
* Steve Carl Vincent, 44, Madison Street; DUI; released, $7,500 bond
* William Kevin Hickson, 36, Chestnut Drive; violation of parole; held, no bond listed
* Larry Wayne Greer, 53, Cottonwood Drive; bondsman surrender; held, $7,500 bond
* Howard Oaky Crosslin, 66, Normandy; held for extradition to another state, charge(s) not specified
* Dayne Allen Kyle, 45, Oswego, Ill.; failure to appear, destruction of private property; held, $12,500 bond
* Lisa Diane Leverette, 33, Fairview Avenue; driving on revoked/suspended license, criminal impersonation, violation of probation; released, $7,000 bond
* Christopher Shaun Bell, 27, Frank Martin Road; domestic violence, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $7,000 bond
* Daniel Gonzalez Ramirez, 26, Nashville; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
* Aristeo Morales, 21, Nashville; DUI; held, $2,500 bond
* Augusto Maldonado Lopez, 25, Ranchero Drive; DUI; released, $2,500 bond
* Timothy Craig Eddings, 35, Anthony Lane; domestic assault; released, $5,000 bond
* Jonathon Dene Partain, 29, Lorien Circle; DUI; released, $2,500 bond
* William Gary Hatfield, 53, Mountain Home; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Gaspar S. Baltazar-Gonzales, 22, West End Avenue; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $500 bond
* Lola Ann Taylor, 42, South Cannon Boulevard; DUI; released, $2,500 bond
* Michael Lamont Kelly, 32, Nashville; driving on revoked/suspended license, possession of schedule VI drug, possession of a weapon; released, $7,250 bond