A half-blunt (partially smoked marijuana cigarette) and a grinder were found in a car stopped for an alleged traffic violation Saturday night, Shelbyville police said.
Shawtell Lamar Monce, 18, of Sims Road, allegedly made an "improper turn" from Lane Parkway onto North Cannon Boulevard, Officer Tracey Nelson's report said.
Monce granted permission for a vehicle search, and drug dog Remy alerted to the ashtray, Nelson said. The officer said she found the grinder inside a tennis shoe in the car's trunk.
Monce was charged with simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and making an improper turn, police said. He was released on $1,500 bond, jail records indicate.
* A flat screen television set was stolen during the day Thursday from the living room of a locked home on Unionville-Deason Road, the BCSD said.
Other valuables in the home were left untouched, although drawers in the bedroom appeared to have been searched, according to the report.
* A washer, dryer and couch were removed from a Ray Street home Sunday, police said.
* An Apache Drive resident told police an XBox console was taken from his home Saturday.
The owner said he was certain the residence had been locked when he left late Saturday afternoon, but it was locked when he returned, the report said.
Compact disc players were removed from two vehicles at a West Lane Street residence Friday, Shelbyville police were told.
* Four 6-week-old pit bull puppies were stolen July 7 from the yard of a Highway 64 West residence, according to a Bedford County Sheriff's Department report released Monday.
The victim told Deputy Steven Daugherty that someone had been at the home the night before looking at the puppies. A child's jacket was found near where the dogs were kept, the report said.
* Two coon hounds were removed from their chains between 2:30 and 11 a.m. Wednesday in the back yard of a home on Jones Road, near Unionville, the BCSD said.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Scarlet Louisa Adcock, 39, Christiana; forgery, fraudulently obtaining a controlled substance; held, $10,000 bond
* Robert Lee Arnold, 59, Tyne Road; DUI-fourth offense, driving on revoked license, habitual motor vehicle offender, leaving scene of accident, implied consent, financial responsibility; held, $15,000 bond
* Mary Cathleena Blindt, 26, Cedar Springs Road; failure to appear; held, $1,250 bond
* Christy Michelle Bond, 31, Gregory Mill Road; fraudulently obtaining a controlled substance, forgery; released, $10,000 bond
* Thomas Anthony Brooks, 21, Peachtree Lane; public intoxication; released, $1,000 bond
* Michael Anthony Caldwell, 25, Silos Way; failure to appear; held, no bond
* William Douglas Campbell, 44, Carter Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Blake Allen Carter, 23, Murfreesboro; disorderly conduct, assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Clint James Carter, 18, Murfreesboro; disorderly conduct; released, $1,000 bond
* Jasper Louis Chancey, 43, Dayton, Tenn.; harassment; released, $500 bond
* Ashley Sade Cooper, 23, Shelbyview Drive; aggravated assault; released, $5,000 bond
* Cassandra Maria Cooper, 44, Shelbyview Drive; assault; released, $1,500 bond
* Jeffrey Jonathan Flora, 29, Carter Street; possession of schedule II drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a weapon; released, $3,250 bond
* Shawn Michael Garcia, 25, Central Avenue; statutory rape (four counts); released, $20,000 bond
* Gregory Bernard Grier, 43, Burt Street; driving on suspended license, evading arrest; held, $3,500 bond
* Kayla Jeanette Harper, 22, Chapel Hill; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Bobbie Jean Hendrix, 44, Peachtree Lane; public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $2,000 bond
* Stephen Randall Mauck, 43, Winchester, Va.; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license, resist stop/frisk/halt/search, assault, implied consent, financial responsibility; held, $22,500 bond
* Teurean Ashanti Maxwell, 27, Tate Street; assault (two counts); held, $30,000 bond
* Thomas Wendell McFarlin, 58, Belmont Avenue; check law (seven counts); summons delivered
* Travis Eugene Miller, 25, Sherwood Court; driving on revoked/suspended license, habitual motor vehicle offender, vehicle light law; held, $15,000 bond
* Shawntell Lamar Monce, 18, Sims Road; simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $1,500 bond
* Waylon Anthony Owen, 19, Fairoak Street; DUI, implied consent; released, $1,500 bond
* Jeffrey Scott Petty, 42, Lynchburg; aggravated burglary; released, $10,000 bond
* Charles Michael Reed, 39, Fairoak Street; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $10,000 bond
* Lashanda Shanice Sales, 20, Bridlewood Drive; harassment, vandalism, theft of property, aggravated criminal trespassing, domestic assault; held, $6,750 bond
* Bobby Allen Sanders, 29, Germantown Road; domestic assault (two counts); released, $5,000 bond
* Rodney Earl Shiver, 41, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Ricky Dale Shrum, 49, Lorien Circle; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license, habitual motor vehicle offender; released, $15,000 bond
* Larron Darian-Urtain Smart, 32, Lorien Circle; public intoxication; held, $1,000 bond
* Chasity Chantae Solomon, 23, Sun Circle; DUI, vehicle light law; released, $1,500 bond