Shelbyville Police Department's drug dog was injured Saturday when attacked by another dog while off duty, officers said.
Remy was being walked on a sidewalk beside Shelbyville Mills Road by Bruce Nelson, husband of his handler, officer Tracey Nelson, when a pit bull ran from a yard and attacked, Lt. Richard Blanton's report said.
Three bite marks were left in Remy's right front leg at his shoulder and Bruce Nelson suffered a bite to a finger while trying to separate the dogs, police said.
Remy was treated by a veterinarian and the pit bull was taken to the Shelbyville animal shelter by animal control officer Rusty Sartain for observation due to questions about its vaccination status, Blanton said.
The pit bull's owner, Luis Gomez, was cited for having a dog running at large, police said.
A dog chained at a Moody Street home was accused of running onto Oak Street and biting Johnny Lee Woodard on the right calf Friday afternoon, police said.
Woodard was treated at Heritage Medical Center, according to officer Jerry Lawrence.
Ralphy, described as a "brown and white cow dog" in the report, was on a chain so long it reached the street, the victim's father, James Woodard, said.
At the time Lawrence checked the dog its chain didn't allow him nearer than 15 feet to the road, the report said.
* The driver of a car that stopped after striking a dog Friday night on Depot Street faces multiple charges, police said.
Jennifer Ann Jarrell, 46, Horse Mountain Road, allegedly failed field sobriety tests and had .51 grams of marijuana in her vehicle, officer Christopher Vest's report said. She became "very combative, knocking on the window and screaming" upon arrest and refused to take a blood test, according to Vest.
Jarrell was charged with DUI, simple possession and violation of the implied consent law and posted $6,000 bond. A passenger, Leah West Edwards, 47, Collier Avenue, was charged with public intoxication and released on $500 bond.
* A man being arrested on an assault charge Friday night was carrying three small bags of marijuana, according to a report filed by police Lt. Mike Baker.
Emmanuel Earl Bibb Sr., 37, Lower Halls Mill Road, was spotted by Baker, who said he knew of the pending warrant, on Bridlewood Drive.
Bibb allegedly pulled a Crown Royal bag from his clothing and dropped it on the ground as Baker approached. The bag contained the three smaller bags, Baker said.
A charge of possession of a schedule VI drug was added and Bibb posted $3,400 bond, Bedford County Jail records indicate.
* Quite a haul was taken from a Christopher Court home Saturday while the occupants were attending a yard sale.
An Xbox 360, Wii game box and games, jewelry six guns ranging from rifles to handguns, ammunition and a tin containing old money, coins and bills were stolen, police were told.
The locked back door appeared to have been kicked to gain entry, the owner said.
Other incidents reported to Shelbyville police
* A purse was taken from a coat rack at Shelbyville Recreation Center while the owner was on the indoor walking track Saturday. The purse, without contents, was found moments later in a men's restroom.
* Medication and 12 movies were stolen from a North Main Street home between 4-8:45 p.m. Friday. The front door was pried to gain entry, police said.
* Two fish finders and two tackle boxes were stolen from a boat in the driveway of a Cherry Street home Saturday.
A Shelbyville man allegedly drove while drunk with a small child in his car in Chattanooga, according to a television report.
David Michael McBee was stopped due to a traffic violation and drove away during the traffic stop before stopping again a few blocks away, WDEF-TV said.
McBee was charged with DUI, reckless endangerment, felony evading and driving on a revoked license, Chattanooga police told the TV station.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Jean Carlos Ayala, 26, Bridlewood Drive; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Mark Anthony Barksdale, 48, Oakwood Place; failure to appear; released on recognizance
* Emmanuel Earl Bibb Sr., 37, Lower Halls Mill Road; assault, possession of schedule VI drug; released, $3,400 bond
* Randy Lee Brown, 40, Moulder Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Thomas Lynn Brummitt, 21, Womble Road; domestic assault; released, $2,000 bond
* Richard Lee Cummings, 45, Smith Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Winford Dale Cummings, 46, Smith Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* James Allan Delffs, 19, Highway 64 East; driving on revoked license, violation of probation (Friday), driving on revoked license, leaving scene of accident (Sunday); released, $4,000 bond (Friday), $3,000 bond (Sunday)
* Leah West Edwards, 47, Collier Avenue; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Maury Lynn Endsley, 42, U.S. 41-A North; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license, evading arrest; released, $10,500 bond
* Mariah Antoinette Gibson, 18, Bethany Lane; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility; released, $500 bond
* Jennifer Ann Jarrell, 46, Horse Mountain Road; DUI, simple possession, implied consent; released, $6,000 bond
* Jennifer Rebecca Jernigan, 34, Manchester; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Carl Russell Johnson Jr., 35, Dennis Lane; DUI, implied consent; released, $1,000 bond
* Marshall Mahaffey, 47, Madison Street; public intoxication, failure to appear; released, $3,000 bond
* Troy Montez McNary, 25, Murfreesboro; simple possession; released, $1,500 bond
* Aletheia Joy McWain, 24, Shelbyville Mills Road; public intoxication, possession of schedule IV drug, possession of schedule II drug; released, $4,000 bond
* Nareshkumar J. Nagabhushan, 27, Hermitage, leaving scene of accident, filing false report; released, $2,000 bond
* Jose Dominquez Ortiz, 20, East Highland Street; DUI, drinking age law, running stop sign, implied consent, no driver's license; released, $3,000 bond
* Miguel Avendano Robles, 53, Cates Street; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility; held, $1,000 bond
* Edvin Velasquez Velasquez, 24, Bridlewood Drive; DUI, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $2,000 bond
* Larissa Shontae Voytko, 20, Bugscuffle Road; theft of property; released, $500 bond