A car which rammed completely through the large metal gates at one end of H.V. Griffin Park early Tuesday was found a couple of hours later at a Belmont Avenue apartment complex, Shelbyville police said.
Officers were notified at 12:03 a.m. by a park security guard who said he saw a silver Ford Taurus speeding through the park's main access road and heard a large "bang" moments later. The guard said the vehicle had forced the gates at Horse Mountain Road out and upward on impact.
At 2:12 a.m. officers were dispatched to a Belmont Avenue apartment complex where the owner of a silver Ford Taurus with a smashed windshield, deep gashes and heavy damage to one side said the car had been vandalized.
The owner told police $180 was missing from his wallet, which he said had been in the car.
Police seized the car for further investigation.
The second theft within a week at Shelbyville Recreation Center occurred Monday.
A wallet containing $100 was taken from the bleachers at a basketball court while its owner was playing, police said.
Other thefts reported to Shelbyville police:
* Four Navy uniforms including dress whites and coveralls, a Navy duffel bag and contents, a safe and Nintendo DSi game console were taken from the trunk of a car Monday at Pirtle & Howerton Automotive, North Main Street.
* A mattress was stolen from a heavily-vandalized home on Morton Street during the day Tuesday.
The owner said all the furniture was overturned and front door kicked in when he returned from work.
Jennifer Lee Jarrell, an agent with Bob Parks Realty who is involved with the Boys and Girls Club of Bedford County and is the wife of Russ Jarrell and mother of Alex and Seth Jarrell, says she is not the Jennifer Ann Jarrell who was listed in the jail intake last week.
The following were arrested since Monday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Emmanuel Earl Bibb Sr., 37, Lower Halls Mill Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Steven Hayward Booker, 40, Landers Street; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Mauricio Cruz Cruz, 34, Nashville; no driver's license, speeding; released, $250 bond
* Cynthia Lynn Davenport, 44, Murfreesboro; assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Charles Ralph Gawthorp III, 26, Charlie Shaw Road; DUI, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; held, $3,000 bond
* Brandon Lee Mabry, 26, Oak Street; aggravated assault; released, $5,000 bond
* Kelley Marie Mader, 35, Carter Street; driving onsuspended license; released, $1,500 bond
* Porfirio Codena Morales, 27, Old Unionville Road; no driver's license, speeding; released, $250 bond
* Pascual Perez, 40, Bridlewood Drive; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility; released, $1,000 bond
* Tasha Leasha Trice, 29, Lentz Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Bobbie Lee Verne Wilson, 49, Horse Mountain Road; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
* Natalie Ann Wooten, 21, Gant Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond