Six revoked license convictions don't stop driver
A man with six convictions of driving on a revoked license was charged again early Wednesday after a traffic stop by Shelbyville police.
Barry Montele Rippy, 37, Depot Street, turned from Madison Street onto Anthony Road without using a turn signal at 2:54 a.m., officer Chris Vest said.
Rippy failed field sobriety tests and refused to take a breath test, Vest said. He was also charged with violation of the implied consent and light laws and was released on $11,500 bond.
Beer was stolen Wednesday night from the Hoodlum Alley Cruisers clubhouse, North Jefferson Street, police said.
Glass in the front door was shattered by a brick, a "busted" Michelob Light beer was at the building's entrance and the cooler's door was open, the report said.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Kayla Dawn Brewer, 20, Cortner Road; domestic assault; released, $1,500 bond
* Kimberly Ann Buchanan, 42, Madison Street; violation of probation; released, no bond
* Billy Joe Colburn, 20, Maplewood Drive; violation of probation, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $5,000 bond
* Jennifer Renee Dennis, 36, Sunset Street, Unionville; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Roman Estevan Diaz, 22, Woodbury Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Nicolas Francisco Gasper, 26, Highway 64 East; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license, leaving scene of accident; released, $7,000 bond
* Steven Richard Hanson, 57, Unionville-Deason Road; aggravated assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Kristopher Paul Henson, 22, Depot Street; violation of probation (two counts); held, $2,500 bond
* Daniel Webb Knapper, 29, Highway 130 West; DUI, implied consent, theft of property; held, $8,000 bond
* Larry Junior Merlo, 52, Baker Street; theft of property, burglary; held, $11,000 bond
* Barry Montele Rippy, 37, Depot Street; DUI, driving on revoked license, implied consent, light law; released, $11,500 bond
* Justin Michael Stone, 21, Fairground Heights; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Melissa Pearlene Taylor, 51, Madison Street; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Angela Marie Thery, 24, Butler Street; public intoxication, possession of schedule IV drug; released, $1,500 bond
* Thomas Chad West, 36, Maple Street; bondsman surrender (failure to appear); released, $3,500 bond