A few years ago, the only time you saw horses in the big ring at the Celebration was, well, during the Celebration. But the organization decided to bring the Spring Fun show back outside two years ago, and now it has added the Fall Classic.
"The Celebration is excited about putting on a fall show," said CEO Doyle Meadows. "It's obviously the first time we've put on a fall show that's sponsored and held at the Celebration."
The multi-night show will be held Thursday through Saturday and the format for the show follows that of the Spring Fun Show.
There are several padded classes as well as many pleasure, park pleasure and trial pleasure classes to enjoy.
The weather promises to be enjoyable, too. According to the National Weather Service, the dates of the show are supposed to be sunny with highs in the mid-70s and lows in the 40s.
"We look forward to a large number of entries to enjoy the cooler temperatures and wonderful autumn weather in Middle Tennessee," said Meadows. "All the horses get to show in the big oval. We hope to get a lot of support for our show and it will be a success for the Celebration and the walking horse industry."
The judging panel was recently announced. It includes Jamie Hankins of Paris, Ky., Billy Young of Tucson, Ariz, and Amy Trimble of Pulaski.
The panel combines a veteran Celebration judge in Hankins, with past Fun Show judge Young and newcomer Trimble, who most recently judged the Marshall County Horseman's Association show in Lewisburg in July. Hankins has previously judged the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration five times, most recently in 2008.
"We are excited to combine two veterans with a rookie to the Celebration ring," said Meadows. "I am thrilled at our judging panel and know that they will do an excellent job in placing the horses."
The show will begin at 6 each evening.
Box seats can be purchased for $165 for the three nights. Reserved seats can be purchased in a three-night package for $19 and single night reserved seats can be purchased on the show grounds and are $7 each on Thursday and Friday night and $9 on Saturday. For more information, contact the Celebration ticket office at 684-5915.
1. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Mares or Geldings, 15.2 and Under
2. *Two-Year-Old Walking Mares or Geldings
3. Owner-Amateur Riders on Two-Year-Old Walking Stallions
4. Owner-Amateur Country Pleasure, Gentleman Riders
5. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Stallions, 15.2 and Under
6. Walking Horses, Lite Shod
7. Owner-Amateur Country Pleasure, Lady Riders
8. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Mares, Over 15.2
9. Walking Horse Trainers' Auxiliary Members on Walking Horses
10. Owner-Amateur Riders on Three-Year-Old Walking Mares or Geldings
11. * Four-Year-Old Walking Stallions (Canter)
12. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Ponies, 60" and Under
13. Owner-Amateur Western Trail Pleasure
14. Owner-Amateur Riders on Park Pleasure Walking Horses
15. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Geldings, Over 15.2
16. Owner-Amateur Riders on Four-Year-Old Walking Mares or Geldings
17. *Walking Stallions
18. Owner-Amateur Riders on Show Pleasure Walking Horses
19. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Stallions, Over 15.2
20. Owner-Amateur Riders on Park Performance Walking Horses
21. Owner-Amateur Youth Country Pleasure
22. * Three-Year-Old Walking Mares or Geldings
23. * Walking Mares or Geldings
24. Owner-Amateur English Trail Pleasure
25. * Walking Horses, 15.2 and Under, Five Years and Over (Canter)
26. Western Park Pleasure Walking Horses
27. Owner-Amateur Riders on Three-Year-Old Walking Stallions
28. *Two-Year-Old Walking Stallions
29. English Classic Park Pleasure Walking Horses
30. Owner-Amateur Riders 50 Years and Over on Walking Horses
31. Owner-Amateur Riders on Two-Year-Old Walking Mares or Geldings
32. * Walking Mares or Geldings, Over 15.2, Four Years and Over (Canter)
33. Weanling Fillies
34. Owner-Amateur Youth Riders 6-11 Years on Walking Mares or Geldings
35. Owner-Amateur Lady Riders on Walking Mares or Geldings
36. *Show Pleasure Walking Horses
37. Plantation Pleasure Walking Horses
38. *Young Trainers, 35 Years and Under, on Walking Horses
39. Western Walking Horses, Lite Shod
40. Owner-Amateur Youth Riders 12-17 Years on Walking Mares or Geldings
41. Weanling Colts
42. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Horses, Five Years and Over (Canter)
43. *Three-Year-Old Walking Stallions
44. Owner-Amateur Youth Riders 17 Years and Under on Walking Ponies, 60" and Under
45. Park Performance Walking Horses
46. Owner-Amateur Riders on Walking Horses, Lite Shod
47. Owner-Amateur Riders on Four-Year-Old Walking Stallions
48. * Walking Stallions, Over 15.2, Five Years and Over (Canter)
*denotes Rider Cup classes