Suspect runs home to escape police
A man accused of running from Shelbyville police officers was arrested when he was found hiding near his residence Wednesday.
Tionta Ridley, of East Lane Street, left the scene of an accident on Cannon Boulevard, police were told by a witness. Detective Charles Merlo followed Ridley's car from Thompson Street to Myers Street, where passenger Rachel Dellene Carter allegedly moved to the driver's seat as the suspect fled.
After Ridley refused orders to stop, Carter admitted he had been involved in the accident and ran because he had no driver's license, Merlo said. Lt. Trey Clanton found Ridley hiding behind his trailer moments later.
Ridley was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, seventh offense driving on a revoked license and resisting arrest. Carter was charged with three counts of child abuse/neglect/endangerment.
An air compressor, non-working freezer and two 55-gallon plastic drums filled with beer cans were stolen from an Old Pencil Mill Road home between September and Friday afternoon, according to the Bedford County Sheriff's Department.
An attempt was made to enter the Bedford County public defender's office on Colloredo Boulevard overnight Thursday, police said.
The front door was unlocked but nothing in the office had been disturbed, an employee told police.
The following were arrested between Wednesday and Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judiciary District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Rebecca Joan Black, 37, DeLand, Fla.; capias; released, $27,000 bond
* Rachel Dellene Carter, 38, East Lane Street; child abuse/neglect/endangerment (three counts); released, $3,000 bond
* Donnie Lee Crick, 46, Horse Mountain Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Jose Diaz, 25, Cherokee Trail; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, speeding; held, $250 bond
* Hugo Velasquez Gonzalez, 27, West Jackson Street; bondsman surrender (failure to appear); held, $3,000 bond
* Bradley Dale Heard, 32, Ardmore, Tenn.; promotion of meth manufacture, driving on suspended license; held, $5,500 bond
* Willie Nelson Johnson, 33, King Arthur Court; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
* Raymond Jerrod McGowan, 21, Horseshoe Drive; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Ricky Eugene Nelson, 49, Baker Street; domestic assault (two counts); held, $6,000 bond
* Donald Wayne Nowlin, 26, Martha Street; DUI; released, $2,500 bond
* Norman Paul Pritt, 57, Maple Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Dale Keith Ray, 50, El Bethel Road; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Mary Elizabeth Sanders, 29, Deer Point Road; capias; released, $35,000 bond
* Jason Glenn Weldon, 29, Shelbyville Mills Road; driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense), vehicle light law; released, $1,000 bond