Two charged with using stolen credit cards
Two persons were charged Wednesday in connection with a spending spree around Shelbyville using credit cards stolen from a wallet at the Medical Arts Building.
Joseph Harold Davis, 44, Cedar River Road, intentionally entered the building to steal a wallet, officer Jon Cooke said in a report. Davis and Ashley Nicole Mahaffey, 22, Raby Avenue, used the cards at six Shelbyville businesses after he dumped the wallet in a trash bin several miles away from the medical building, according to police.
The pair were detected after a card they were allegedly attempting to use at Family Dollar, Madison Street was shown as stolen, police said. Store employees noted their descriptions and the blue Saturn in which they left and notified police.
Officer Bobby Peacock stopped the car on Madison Street where Mahaffey, whose clothing and tattoo matched the employees' description, told officers she and Davis had used the cards. Davis has not admitted to any activity involving the cards, police said.
Davis is charged with burglary and theft of property and is being held in Bedford County Jail on $40,000 bond. Mahaffey, who is charged with two counts of criminal responsibility for conduct of another, is jailed on $17,500 bond, police said.
The propeller was stolen from a boat at a South Hillcrest Drive home late Tuesday night, police said.
The victim said he left his home to see why a neighbor's dog was barking then, as his own dog ran toward the boat and the street, followed it and noticed someone walking on nearby Northcutt Drive.
He said as he drove his truck along Northcutt Drive a slender, 6-foot-tall man ran on foot between two homes.
The central air unit was stolen last weekend from a vacant home on Tara Drive in Rover, according to a Bedford County Sheriff's Department report.
The following were arrested since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Christa Lynn Adkins, 35, Garrett Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Maricela Candia Aguilar, 24, Madison Street; no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $500 bond
* Crystal Gaynell Barker, 33, Temple Ford Lane; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Beverly Denise Blackmon, 41, Stonefield Circle; driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense), DUI (second offense); held, no bond
* Jamaal Rahini Buchanan, 30, Comanche Place; bondsman surrender; released, $11,500 bond
* Jennifer Mae Butcher, 28, South Cannon Boulevard; violation of probation in Giles County; held, $15,000 bond
* Tracy Gail Carpenter, 43, Wartrace-Bell Buckle Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Nancy Gabriela Cervantes, 18, Lindell Boulevard; no driver's license, light law, registration law; held, $250 bond
* Tiffany Michelle Copes, 27, Cedar River Road; driving on suspended license; released, $1,000 bond
* Joseph Harold Davis, 44. Cedar River Road; burglary, theft of property; held, $40,000 bond
* Buddy Wayne Freemon, 28, Columbia; DUI, financial responsibility; held, $2,000 bond
* Randy Lee Hatfield, 45, Powell Hollow Road; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Ashley Nicole Mahaffey, 22, Raby Avenue; criminal responsibility for conduct of another (two counts); held, $17,500 bond
* Samantha J. Marshall, 20, Rippy Ridge Road; driving on suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Daniel Monge, 21, Quarry Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Joel Jurention Perez, 22, Huntland; leaving scene of accident, driving on suspended license, financial responsibility; released, $5,000 bond
* Kenneth Alan Powell, 33, Arnold Road; failure to appear; held, no bond
* Deborah Ann Reed, 42, Manchester; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Bobby Darryl Rogers, 40, Landers Street; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Jonathan Ray Sims, 24, Wheeler Street; theft of property; held, $500 bond
* Ricky Lynn Sims, 50, Wheeler Street; theft of property; held, $500 bond
* Charles Vinton Vincent, 42, Cheyenne Circle, Wartrace; violation of probation; held, no bond
* Amy Nichole Williams, 28, Alta Avenue; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bondTwo charged with using stolen credit cards