Three juveniles are learning an expensive lesson after admitting to two break-ins at Southside School, South Cannon Boulevard, earlier this week.
Shelbyville officers responding to a burglary alarm Tuesday night said they found two girls wearing hooded sweatshirts with hoods pulled over their heads walking from the side of the school.
One had "black stuff" -- later found to be roofing tar -- covering her legs, officer Cody Swift said in his report.
One of the girls admitted they had entered the school through a hole in the roof Tuesday night and by picking a lock Monday night and taking duct tape, a screwdriver, lotion, note pads, sunglasses, markers, a pencil sharpener and two stuffed animals.
A young boy named by one of the girls later admitted entering the school with them Monday night and taking a juice box.
All were placed in juvenile detention, police said.
Two commercial dryers were attacked by a vandal Monday night at Coin-O-Matic Laundry, South Cannon Boulevard, police said.
A white man with short hair and a beard kicked one dryer, struck another with a laundry basket, broke its door handle and bent the door's hinges, and broke the door off another dryer and kicked it across the floor, according to police who saw a security camera.
He left in a pewter Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck with mismatched wheels, police said.
The following were charged since Monday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Amber Michelle Anderson, 18, Broomsage Circle, Unionville; theft involving merchandise; released, $1,500 bond
* John Tyler Claxton, 20, Stonefield Circle; manufacturing/delivering/selling/possession of schedule VI substance, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $2,500 bond
* Robert Michael Cunningham, 48, Sims Road; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Davon Eugene High, 26, Railroad Avenue; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $3,000 bond
* Albert Wyatt Martin, 18, Wartrace-Bell Buckle Road; violation of parole; held, no bond
* Bradley Ross Nelson, 31, Frank Martin Road; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Marie Valdez, 39, Anthony Lane; driving on revoked/suspended license, registration law; released, $500 bond
* Asoncion Nava Velez, 35, Anthony Lane; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, running red light/stop sign; released, $500 bond