A low-speed police pursuit Friday night ended with the arrest of a Shelbyville man who had been accused of forcing his way into a West Lane Street home.
Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez, 28, of Sims Road allegedly barged into the home of a female friend of his wife, attacked both and "messed up" the living room before leaving, officer David Dye's report said.
Dye was talking to the women when one pointed at Hernandez driving by "staring" at the residence and expressed fear he would return.
The officer caught up with Hernandez, who drove from Warners Bridge Road to Troupe Road, Old Unionville Road and to a residence on U.S. 41A North.
Hernandez threw his hands into the air and said, 'What!" several times as he was ordered to the ground at gunpoint, Dye said.
Charges of DUI, aggravated burglary, domestic assault. driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense), resist stop/frisk/halt/search and evading arrest by motor vehicle were filed against Hernandez. He was being held on $70,000 bond.
Cocaine base was found in a car after police responded to a report of a "suspicious person" at a South Cannon Boulevard auto dealership.
Byron Jerome Hix, 31, of Murfreesboro arrived Saturday in a new rental car, saying he wanted to leave it there temporarily and drive a car he owns, which the dealer is attempting to sell for him, for the rest of the weekend.
Police found 1.54 grams of cocaine in the rental car's cup holder.
Hix was charged with possession of a schedule II drug and released on $15,000 bond.
A potential dog buyer told police she was threatened with possible charges of "animal abandonment" after she refused further contact with a website claiming to sell canines.
The victim said she had attempted to purchase a dog from dogsnow.com. She wired $250 for what was termed a transfer, shipping and delivery fee. After no dog arrived at the scheduled time, she was told to send $195 for vaccines and $1,800 for an animal transport crate.
Online research by the victim showed multiple alleged scams involving the website and multiple listings showing a photo of the same dog, police said.
The victim notified police after receiving repeated threatening calls from several phone numbers.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Joe Henry Angus, 44, Comstock Road; DUI (fifth offense), driving on revoked license (third offense); released, $25,000 bond
* Charles Robert Brandon, 26, Hillsboro; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Jessica Jo-Lynn Brasher, 25, Knights Campground Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Joseph Daniel Brock, 31, Lewisburg; DUI, implied consent; held, $3,000 bond
* Myles Jeffrey Cantrell, 41, Couch Lane; failure to appear; held, $50,000 bond
* Jeremy Michael Crow, 24, McMinnville; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Bill Junior Freeman, 47, Belmont Avenue; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
* Kyle Joseph Frilot, 18, College Street, Wartrace; public intoxication, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, drinking age law; released, $750 bond
* Carter O'Neal Gant, 45, East Lane Street; simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $500 bond
* Brytnee Nicole Heflin, 18, Lewis Avenue; public intoxication, drinking age law; released, $500 bond
* Oscar Henriquez, 21, Antioch; no driver's license, DUI; held, $5,000 bond
* Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez, 28, Sims Road; DUI, aggravated burglary, domestic assault. driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense), resist stop/frisk/halt/search, evading arrest by motor vehicle; held, $70,000 bond
* Byron Jerome Hix, 31, Murfreesboro; possession of schedule II drug; released, $15,000 bond
* Douglas Cody Hunter, 21, Moody Street; public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $5,000 bond
* Michael Lee McCulley, 40, Mac Street; public intoxication; released, no bond
* Mateo Francisco Miguel, 50, Highway 64 East; driving on revoked license, vehicle light law; released, $500 bond
* Brandon Lee Munsey, 19, Rock Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Richard Alan Overstreet, 56, Lindburgh Lane; disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $500 bond
* Shelli Renee Pruitt, 40, Warners Bridge Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Lisa Kay Ransom, 50, Cedar Grove Road; failure to appear, violation of probation; held, $5,000 bond
* Roger Dale Reeves, 39, West Lane Street; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
* Tiffany Kay Reynolds, 27, Locust Street; violation of probation, domestic assault, failure to appear; released, $10,000 bond
* Tonya Lynn Riley, 42, Cloverdale Road; child abuse/neglect/endangerment; released, $500 bond
* Tommy Frank Rogers, 44, Bradyville; DUI, simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $1,750 bond
* Shelby Lyn Sanders, 18, U.S. 41A North; drinking age law; released, $250 bond
* Alvin Nelson Simpson II, 25, Tullahoma; public intoxication, possession of a weapon, disorderly conduct, violation of probation; released, $4,000 bond
* Kristin Grace Sorrells, 21, Warners Bridge Road; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Alexis Danielle Spencer, 19, Anthony Lane; driving on suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Amanda Nicole Sturgeon, 20, White Street; public intoxication, drinking age law; released, $1,000 bond