Five driver's license roadside safety checkpoints have been scheduled for August in Bedford County by the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
- Thursday, Aug. 2: 10 a.m., U.S. 41A at the 3.9 mile marker
- Friday, Aug. 3: 9 p.m., State Route 437 (Shelbyville bypass) at the 5.8 mile marker
- Saturday, Aug. 4: 11 p.m., State Route 82 at the 6.5 mile marker
- Friday, Aug. 10: 10 a.m., State Route 64 at the 18 mile marker
- Friday, Aug. 24: 10 a.m., Midland Road
"Recognizing the danger presented to the public by unqualified drivers, troopers will concentrate their efforts on vehicles being operated by drivers who violate the driver license laws of Tennessee," the THP said in a press release.
"The Tennessee Highway Patrol has found these driver license roadside safety checkpoints to be an effective means of enforcing driver license laws of Tennessee while ensuring the protection of all motorists."