It took two to steal a $400 bottle of whiskey from Joe's Liquors, North Main Street, on Saturday, police said Tuesday.
A man and woman entered the store, removed the Hennessy bottle's box from the shelf and placed it behind a display, according to video surveillance shown to police. As the man lured the clerk to the rear of the store, the woman took the whiskey to a minivan and left while the man made a purchase and walked away.
Both were described as white, and the man had a brace on his right knee and limped, police said.
A man admitted he had a marijuana joint in his clothing as he was questioned by police Monday night.
Carter O'Neal Gant, 45, of East Lane Street was sitting at a table with two other men outside a Jennifer Circle home Monday night, police said. Officers had been called due to a fight not involving Gant.
Police began questioning the men after spotting marijuana on the table.
Gant was charged with simple possession of a schedule VI drug and posted $500 bond.
A utility trailer was taken from the back yard of a Horse Mountain Road home inside Shelbyville during the day Monday.
The blue and white gated trailer is valued at $1,500, according to police,
The following were arrested since Monday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Joshua Lee Brubaker, 25, Highway 82 East; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond
* Rhonda Maybell Caldwell, 27, Green Lane; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Victor Tyrone Frazier Jr., 22, Noblitt Street; driving on revoked/suspended license (third offense), seat belt law; released, $2,500 bond
* Carter O'Neal Gant, 45, East Lane Street; simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $500 bond
* William Anthony Harris, 54, Jennifer Circle; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Stephen Lee Morgan, 55, Cortner Hollow Road; aggravated domestic assault; held, $10,000 bond