Only in Shelbyville.
A DUI suspect, who struck a building with his car during a traffic stop on South Cannon Boulevard late Sunday, put on his own horse show -- without a horse.
Alberto Aguirre Jr., 29, of Bridlewood Drive, was told by officer Jose Garza to stand on one leg while being administered field sobriety tests,
"He took off walking like a Tennessee walking horse, raising his feet above his knees," officer Darrell Birdsong said in his report. "Patrolman Garza stopped him and brought him back and explained the test again...He again started walking like a Tennessee walking horse and took 15 steps and was ordered to stop. Patrolman Garza told him to come back and he started walking backwards as a Tennessee walking horse and was told to stop."
Birdsong pulled Aguirre over at Magic Spray Car Wash after allegedly seeing him swerve from the center line to the sidewalk. Aguirre stopped, then put his car back into 'drive' and struck the car wash building, causing no damage, police said.
Aguirre, who had a 17-month-old child in the back seat of his car and three empty and four unopened beers in the front floorboard, was charged with DUI, reckless endangerment, driving on a suspended license and violation of the open container law. He was being held on $5,000 bond Monday at Bedford County Jail.
* A change purse containing $21 was stolen from a Moody Street home around noon Friday, police said.
No signs of forced entry were found.
* Two hammers and two cordless drills were stolen from the open trunk of a car outside a Belmont Avenue home between 3-3:30 p.m. Friday, according to police.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Alberto Aguirre Jr., 29, Bridlewood Drive; DUI, driving on suspended license, reckless endangerment, open container law; held, $5,000 bond
* John Thomas Anderson, 42, Noblitt Street; DUI (second offense), driving on revoked/suspended license (third offense), resist stop/frisk/halt/search, running red light/stop sign; held, $9,500 bond
* William Leon Ballinger, 19, Old Columbia Road; theft of property, burglary, robbery (two counts); held, $181,000 bond
* Sarah Jayne Brawner, 18, Franklin; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, drinking age law; released, $3,000 bond
* Shakiya Lashae Brown, 19, West Lane Street; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
* Christopher Lee Bryan, 30, Crestview Circle; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Joel Dean Cagle, 33, Canova Court; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense), open container, reckless driving; released, $3,000 bond
* Michele Eileen Campbell, 50, North Fork Drive; DUI; released, $2,500 bond
* Shilo Elexus Cyree, 19, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Barbara Dianne Davis, 36, South Cannon Boulevard; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $2,500 bond
* Jami Louise Fox, 29, Midland Road; DUI, disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search, implied consent; released, $3,000 bond
* Tammy Serene Gallagher, 47, Belmont Avenue; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Alejandro Monjez Gonzales, 21, Comanche Place; disorderly conduct, bondsman surrender; released, $4,000 bond
* Kenneth Clark Griggs, 38, Christiana; simple possession, possession of schedule III drug, possession of schedule IV drug; released, $4,500 bond
* Samuel Joseph Herrmann, 19, Shelbyville; disorderly conduct, drinking age law; released, $3,500 bond
* Robert Curtis Hopkins, 18, Murfreesboro; statutory rape (two counts); released, $1,000 bond
* Thomas Earl Kelso, 57, Fairground Heights; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Donald Ray Mahaffey, 49, Murfreesboro; public intoxication, violation of probation; held, $250 bond
* Scott Marrapese, 45, Nutmeg Drive; disorderly conduct; released, $2,000 bond
* Michael Lee McCulley, 40, Mac Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Thomas Wayne Mitchell, 41, Franklin; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Shawntel Lamar Monce, 21, Maplewood Drive; disorderly conduct, public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $1,750 bond
* Daniel Monge, 22, Comanche Place; domestic assault, bondsman surrender; held, $10,000 bond
* Nicholas Anthony Navarro, 25, Sunlite Road; public intoxication, disorderly conduct, vandalism; released, $1,250 bond
* Frances Elizabeth Neal, 49, Colonial Avenue; DUI (third offense), resist stop/frisk/halt/search, failure to maintain lane; released, $8,000 bond
* Chelsea Lynette Nunley, 24, Tullahoma; bondsman surrender (failure to appear); held, $1,000 bond
* Yvonne Michelle Pressley, 39, Moreland Avenue; public intoxication; released, $250 bond
* William Zack Raulerson, 20, Landers Street; bondsman surrender; released, $750 bond
* Briana Shey Paige Robb, 20, Maplewood Drive; drinking age law, public intoxication; released, $750 bond
* Evan Ramon Rodriguez, 31, Clem Circle; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license; held, no bond
* Maximino Varrera Rosales, 27, Riverview Drive; no driver's license; released, $500 bond
* Ryan Christopher Scully, 18, Brentwood; drinking age law; released, $1,000 bond
* Tony Dawlen Sprouse, 44, Shelbyville; DUI, speeding; released, $2,000 bond
* Stephen Kyle Swain, 39, Fairfield Pike; criminal trespassing; held, $500 bond
* Cassie Elizabeth Vaughn, 26, Antioch; failure to appear; held, $2,500 bond
* Larry Allen Walls Jr., 28, Enon Church Road; DUI (third offense), driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense); released, $8,000 bond
* James Scott Williams, 23, Glosson Circle; bondsman surrender, failure to appear; held, $2,000 bond
* Tony Dewayne Williams, 20, Maplewood Drive; public intoxication, disorderly conduct, drinking age law; released, $2,000 bond