Police found marijuana on a man who roamed the area around the shopping center near Walmart after allegedly stealing from the store, according to a report filed Wednesday.
Joseph Michael Stevens, 24, of Beech Grove became "combative" toward officers Jeff Goodrich and Mitchell Warren as he was being arrested at the center's entrance, officer Bruce Davis said in the report. A marijuana cigarette and a blunt were found in a bag containing Stevens' belongings as he was searched, police said.
Items including DVDs and knife and cutlery sets taken from Walmart were also recovered.
Police, notified by Walmart security personnel, searched the area for several minutes as Stevens went toward Lowe's and at one point was reported lying in a field .
Stevens was charged with simple possession, shoplifting and resisting arrest. He was being held on $8,500 bond Wednesday.
* An estimated $2,000 worth of collectible coins, an antique telephone, antique projectors, cameras and two rings with a total value of $2,300 were taken from a residence on Central Avenue between July 24 and Tuesday. A door was forced to gain entry.
* A Nintendo DSi, over $300 worth of games and unspecified collectibles and rings were stolen from a King Arthur Court home between July 11-31 while the occupants were in jail, police were told Tuesday.
The complainant said the door had been secured and she was unsure how entry had been gained.
* A cell phone and wallet were taken from a Barksdale Lane apartment, the resident told police Tuesday. A thief pried a window to enter another apartment at the same complex and remove alcoholic beverages Tuesday night, according to a report.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Tony Wayne Anderson Jr., 19, U.S. 41A North; theft involving merchandise; held, $1,000 bond
* George Richard Belk, 43, Depot Street; speeding, financial responsibility, driving on suspended license; released, $500 bond
* Jeffrey Allen Edwards, 28, Bradyville; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Sundra Lynn Moses, 45, Horn Lane; domestic assault; released, $500 bond
* Shawn Clebert Sharp, 54, Taylor Creek Road; DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of legend drug; released, $3,500 bond
* Mildred Nicole Smith, 23, Manchester; theft involving merchandise; released, $1,500 bond
* Joseph Michael Stevens, 24, Beech Grove; resisting arrest, shoplifting, simple possession; held, $8,500 bond
* Bryan Christopher Teal, 25, Normandy; violation of parole; held, no bond