A motorcycle rider who crashed during an 80 mph chase through a residential area allegedly told police he will try to run again.
Philip Clift Womble Jr., 22, of Stonegate Circle ran off Collier Avenue late Saturday night while being pursued by a Shelbyville police officer.
Officer Todd Sanders said he noticed Womble at a convenience store and was aware he did not have a license.
"He revved up the engine and raised the front of the motorcycle up and into riding a wheelie and then attempted to flee," Sanders said of Womble's response to activation of blue lights. "The speed I was traveling in my patrol car was 80 miles per hour."
Womble slid 219 feet from the point he lost control of the motorcycle to where it came to rest, Sanders' report said.
Police said Womble attempted to keep his arms and legs tucked underneath him. Officers were forced to pull his arms to handcuff him, Sanders' report said.
Womble said at the scene he wasn't injured but officers called an ambulance. After being checked by EMTs and denying pain or injury, Womble was taken to Bedford County Jail.
Later, Womble complained of "severe shoulder pains" after arriving at the jail, according to Sanders' report, and officers noted a knot rising. Womble was taken by ambulance to Heritage Medical Center and treated for a shoulder injury, police said.
At the hospital, Womble told Sanders he thought he was being pursued by officer Jose Garza and that "he was going to have to catch him."
"I asked Womble if he will ever try and run from the police and he stated yes," Sanders said.
Charges of evading arrest by motor vehicle, driving without a license, resisting arrest, and violation of the financial responsibility and registration laws were filed against Womble, who was released on $8,500 bond
A resident of a home for recovering addicts has been charged with stealing Concerta pills.
Chasity Marie Claxton, 24, of Shelbyville admitted to the addicts home manager that she had stolen, and already consumed, five pills, police said. The pills are used for individuals diagnosed with attention deficit disorder.
Claxton was charged with theft of property and possession of a schedule II drug. She was being held on $1,500 bond Monday.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Amber Denise Baker, 31, Tullahoma; driving on revoked/suspended license; released on recognizance
* Levi Michael Berman, 26, North Fork Drive; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Zachary Aaron Berman, 28, North Fork Drive; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Susan Maria Cardoza, 49, Cedar River Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Chasity Marie Claxton, 24, Scotland Heights; theft of property, possession of schedule II drug; held, $1,500 bond
* Danny Joe Freeman, 59, Couch Lane; violation of probation; held, no bond
* Sean Alexander Gerhardt, 19, Antioch; homicide or attempted criminal homicide; held, no bond
* Richard Daniel John, 27, Madison Street; DUI (third offense), driving on revoked license (second offense); held, $15,000 bond
* Shannon Elizabeth Kearns, 44, Highway 64 East; criminal trespassing, assault, public intoxication; released, $2,500 bond
* Jeffrey Heath Kelley, 42, Shelbyville; failure to appear; held, $2,500 bond
* Koshoka Dwayne King, 35, McMinnville; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Trevon Jarvis Landon, 40, Madison Street; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $250 bond
* Patrick Arnold Morris Jr., 25, Murfreesboro; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $500 bond
* Nicholas Anthony Navarro, 25, Halls Mill Road; driving on suspended license; released, $1,500 bond
* Bradley Ross Nelson, 31, Frank Martin Road; DUI (sixth offense), leaving scene of accident, immediate notice of accident; held, $25,000 bond
* William Cash Pate, 49, Chapel Hill; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Brandon M. Shultz, 22, Barksdale Lane; violation of probation; held, no bond
* Alvin Nelson Simpson II, 25, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Jason Wayne Starrick, 25, Whites Creek; criminal homicide; held, no bond
* Shawn Edward Trail, 36, Beech Grove; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
* Dawn Lee Walls, 27, Antioch; criminal responsibility for conduct of another (criminal homicide); held, no bond
* Susan Jo Walls, 54, Enon Church Road; criminal responsibility for conduct of another (criminal homicide); held, no bond
* Monica Jill Weatherford, 32, Hickory Drive; domestic assault, public intoxication, disorderly conduct; released, $4,000 bond
* James Scott Williams, 25, Glosson Circle; public intoxication; held, $1,000 bond
* Philip Clift Womble Jr., 22, Stonegate Circle; evading arrest by motor vehicle, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, resist stop/frisk/halt/search, financial responsibility, registration law; released, $8,500 bond
* Serena Courtney Yancey, 25, Highway 64 East; criminal trespassing, assault; released, $2,000 bond