A Bedford County man was charged with assaulting two law enforcement officers after he was driven to a Coop Road home Monday afternoon.
Charles Riggs Ensey was handcuffed by Bell Buckle police chief Tommy Wiley after a Maple Street resident reported a man she didn't know was in her carport. She agreed not to press charges if the man left, Deputy Shane White said.
The man said he lived on Coop Road and was driven to the residence. Upon arrival, Ensey was asked if it was his residence and allegedly cursed officers, then grabbed the front of White's shirt and raised his fist.
White said Ensey was captured after a struggle and placed into a patrol car, kicked the seat repeatedly and kicked Wiley twice in the chest after the car's door was opened.
Ensey was also charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was being held on $8,250 bond Tuesday at Bedford County Jail.
A woman allegedly ran into the bedroom of an apartment at The Ridge, Anthony Lane, grabbed a watch and several compact discs and ran out Sunday morning, police were told Tuesday.
The victim told police he used to be friends with the woman's son and thinks she lives in DeKalb County.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Richard Carnell Allen II, 20, Belfast; failure to appear, simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $1,500 bond
* Mark Stephen Brown, 56, West Lane Street; failure to appear; held, $2,500 bond
* Kandy Lee Carr, 44, Scales Road; DUI (second offense), implied consent; released, $3,500 bond
* Charles Riggs Ensey, 49, Coop Road; public intoxication, disorderly conduct, assault on an officer (two counts), resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $8,250 bond
* James Richard Finch, 21, Hinkle Hill Street, Bell Buckle; failure to appear; released on recognizance
* Ricky Dale George, 21, U.S. 41A North; evading arrest; held, no bond
* Steven Terrance Hall Jr., 34, Murfreesboro; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Ernest Reed Hoover Jr., 33, Bates Street; aggravated criminal littering, vandalism; released, $7,000 bond
* Timothy Carl Newsom, 43, Frank Martin Road; aggravated domestic assault; released, $500 bond
* Shannon Lee Patton, 42, Fort Circle, Wartrace; simple possession of schedule II drug, simple possession of schedule III drug, simple possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $4,250 bond
* James Harrison Ray, 34, Manchester; DUI, domestic assault; released, $3,000 bond
* Charlie Monroe Silcox Jr., 29, Shelbyville; theft involving merchandise; released, $250 bond
* John Lee Turrentine, 48, North Main Street; trespassing; held, $500 bond
* Tiffany Nicole Walker, 28, Stokes Cemetery Road; check law (three counts); released, $3,250 bond
* Chancie Ann West, 33, Altamont; aggravated child abuse; released, $15,000 bond
* John David Wiser, 32, Fairground Heights; aggravated criminal littering, driving on revoked license (second offense), vandalism; released, $3,750 bond