A woman's plea for a jack so she could change her car's flat tire while a friend slept in the front seat ended with the arrest of both Tuesday.
Officers discovered an allegedly-intoxicated Jennie Nicole Rawls, 22, of Murfreesboro next to the vehicle on Madison Street. Officer Jose Garza told her she'd need a wrecker because the bottom of the car was touching the ground, and noticed it appeared as if she had sideswiped something. Mark Anthony Pless, 22, of Sevier Street got out of the car as Rawls talked, Garza said.
Rawls allegedly refused Garza's request to search the vehicle because items belonging to her children were inside. She later allowed Garza to retrieve a marijuana joint from the front seat; a subsequent search of the vehicle revealed marijuana residue on the center console and two Lorazepam pills in a box under a seat.
Charges of possession of a schedule IV drug, public intoxication and simple possession of a schedule VI drug were filed against Rawls, who posted $4,500 bond.
Pless was charged with public intoxication and posted $500 bond.
A bag containing approximately 80 keys and a notebook was stolen from a truck at a Union Street home Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Emily Ann Cook, 20, Idle Drive; DUI, driving on suspended license; released, $1,500 bond
* Randall Couch Jr., 33, U.S. 41A North; theft involving merchandise; held, $1,000 bond
* Tiffany Shane Eddings, 30, West Lane Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Thomas Paul Farrar, 46, Greenwood Avenue; DUI, vehicle light law; released, $1,000 bond
* Jacob Allen Griffiths, 21, La Vergne; custodial interference; released, $5,000 bond
* Kendall Scott Howell, 50, Estill Springs; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
* Kevin Ray Leverette, 24, Higgins Road; driving on revoked/suspended license (seventh offense); released, $2,500 bond
* Christina Elaine Mitchell, 32, Barksdale Lane; driving on revoked license; released, $500 bond
* Mark Anthony Pless, 22, Sevier Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Jennie Nicole Rawls, 22, Murfreesboro; possession of schedule IV drug, public intoxication, simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $4,500 bond
* Trevor Lee Ray, 19, Union Street; forgery; released, $2,500 bond
* Robert Farrow Turley, 35, Murfreesboro; burglary, theft of property, criminal conspiracy; released, $42,500 bond