A man accused of attempting to accompany officers into his home after being told not to was "drive stunned" into submission with a Taser on Saturday night, police say.
Officers had been told shots were fired in the backyard of a Bates Street home.
Walter Waggoner Polston Jr., 27, walked from his home "waving his arms around yelling and screaming," officer Jose Garza said.
Polston was told by Garza to remain outside while police checked on his wife and children inside the home and retrived the gun, but "began to get belligerent and tried to force his way inside the house," police said.
Officers said Polston was taken to the ground but continued to resist arrest before the Taser was used, according to police. A "drive stun" involves placing the blunt end of a Taser against a suspect and releasing an electrical shock.
Polston was charged with reckless endangerment, public intoxication, disorderly conduct and resisting stop/frisk/halt/search. He posted $8,000 bond at Bedford County Jail.
A series of incidents beginning with a Tullahoma man complaining about the front seat of a car not being moved far enough forward for a back seat passenger ended with his arrest on two counts of assaulting police officers.
James Eric Powell, 26, allegedly ran from Elm Street to Hill Street after officers arrived at a Tate Avenue home in response to a domestic violence call. Powell was found lying in a field and continuously screamed and cursed at officers while being handcuffed.
Powell struck Sgt. Brandon Warren of Bedford County Jail in the face and spat on officer Todd Sanders, resulting to the assault charges, police said. He was also charged with evading arrest on foot, resisting stop/frisk/halt/search, disorderly conduct, public intoxication and domestic assault and is being held on $23,000 bond.
* Police recovered several bags of marijuana from the clothing of a passenger in a truck involved in a traffic accident Friday night on Elm Street.
Marvin Rex Leverette Jr., 35, of Sims Road was handcuffed after he kept reaching toward his pants while being frisked prior to arrest for public intoxication, officer Jose Garza's report said.
Garza said he discovered a large bag containing several smaller bags holding 25.87 grams of marijuana. Additional charges of possession of marijuana for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia were filed. Leverette was being held on $6,500 bond Monday at Bedford County Jail.
The truck's driver, Tom Luke Arnold, 51, of Fairfield Pike was charged with second offense DUI and possesion of marijuana after a bag containing .27 grams of marijuana was found on the driver's side floorboard of the truck. He posted $6,000 bond.
* Marijuana was confiscated from a man who allegedly refused to stop and talk to officers who had been notified of an intoxicated man maned "Mike" near his Couch Lane home.
Michael Dewayne Hicks, 38, whose last name is listed as "Hix" on the police report and "Hicks" on the Bedford County Jail intake listing, was found to have a bag of marijuana in a cigarette box. He was charged with possession of marijuana and public intoxication and released on $1,500 bond
Several bottles of prescription medication were taken from a home at Circle O Trailer Park, Railroad Avenue, during the day Saturday, police said.
A lawn mower was stolen from a garage at a Park Place home sometime before Friday, police said.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Crissy Lynn Adams, 30, Pickle Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Leland Dewayne Armstrong, 22, Troupe Road; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Tom Luke Arnold, 51, Fairfield Pike; DUI (second offense), possession of schedule VI drug; released, $6,000 bond
* Chanelle Kay Ashford-Smith, 32, Canova Drive; contributing to the delinquency of a minor (10 counts); released, $2,500 bond
* Tammy Renae Bailey, 38, Horse Mountain Road; failure to maintain lane, driving on suspended license; released, $1,000 bond
* Dallas Milton Beene, 49, Dover Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Waylon Eugene Burnett, 23, Blue Ribbon Parkway; DUI, aggravated assault; released, $8,500 bond
* Dawn Lee Canizalez, 42, Hopkins Bridge Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Tevin Raul Lamer Chery, 20, East Lane Street; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Venus Velveeta Clark, 38, West Lane Street; capias; held, $75,000 bond
* James Nicholas Davis, 24, Fairfield Pike; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Sonya Denise Deosio, 38, Shoma Drive; capias; held, $160,000 bond
* Ivan Hurtado Espinoza, 27, Antioch; DUI (second offense), running red light/stop sign; released, $3,500 bond
* Grady Lee Flippo, 47, Sims Road; criminal trespassing; released, $250 bond
* Jonathan Allen Ford, 20, Lynchburg; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Antonio Gonzalez, 20, Landers Street; drinking age law; released, $250 bond
* Laketia Elaine Haley, 43, Lorien Circle; theft of property; held, $25,000 bond
* Roy Anthony Haley, 42, Lorien Circle; violation of probation, theft of property, failure to appear; held, $11,000 bond
* Michael Dewayne Hicks, 48, Couch Lane; public intoxication, possession of schedule VI drug; released, $1,500 bond
* Justin Wayne Jamison, 19, Railroad Avenue; assault; released, $3,000 bond
* Genotta Enise Johnson, 45, Nashville; theft involving merchandise; released, $1,000 bond
* Marvin Rex Leverette Jr., 35, Sims Road; public intoxcation, possession of schedule VI drug for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $6,500 bond
* Cameron Alexander McKee, 21, Murfreesboro; capias; released, $75,000 bond
* Mary Elizabeth Newsom, 39, Hopkins Bridge Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Jose Martinez Olascoaga, 38, Maplewood Drive; driving on revoked license (fifth offense), leaving scene of accident; released, $7,500 bond
* Robert Lee O'Neal, 37, Choctaw Court; possession of schedule Ii drug for resale; held, $2,500 bond
* Walter Waggoner Polston Jr., 27, Bates Street; reckless endangerment, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $8,000 bond
* James Eric Powell, 26, Tullahoma; evading arrest on foot, resist stop/frisk/halt/search, disorderly conduct, public intoxication, domestic assault, assault on an officer (two counts); held, $23,000 bond
* Maximino Barrera Rosales, 27, Riverview Drive; DUI, no driver's license, running red light/stop sign; held, $3,500 bond
* Nina Elizabeth Vits, 30, Cedar Grove Road; driving on revoked license; released, $2,000 bond
* William Bradley Walker, 29, Stephens Lane; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Jamal Washington, 26, Smyrna; DUI; released, $2,000 bond
* Julie O. Zabel, 24, Acadia Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond