More than four pounds of marijuana was found in a vehicle following a traffic stop early Wednesday on North Main Street, Shelbyville police said.
Two shoe boxes with bags containing approximately 4.4 pounds of marijuana were discovered in two shoeboxes hidden under clothing in the back seat of a car driven by Christopher Doyle O'Neal, 29, of Mount Herman Road, a report filed by officer Tracey Nelson said.
Nelson's drug-detecting dog Rena sniffed the drug's order after O'Neal denied drugs were in the car, said Nelson, whose report mentions an odor of marijuana in the vehicle.
O'Neal was stopped after being clocked at 65 mph in a 50 mph zone at 12:05 a.m., Nelson said. He was charged with possession of a schedule VI drug for resale and speeding and is being held on $10,000 bond.
Police said a bag of marijuana was concealed in the clothing of a man accused of causing a disturbance at Alfonso's, Madison Street.
After Larry Neal Nichols Jr., 28, of South Cannon Boulevard was refused service due to alleged intoxication, he began cursing at management and police were called, the report said.
The bag was found by a jailer as Nichols was being processed at Bedford County Jail on a public intoxication charge. Nichols was then charged with possession of a schedule VI drug and introducing contraband into a penal institution. He posted $3,750 bond.
A woman who told police two masked men knocked on her door, gave her a laptop computer and ordered her to pawn it was charged Tuesday with stealing it from a neighbor.
Brittany Jean-Marie Holland, 21, of Belmont Avenue was arrested after she allegedly pawned the computer at a Shelbyville shop Monday. She was charged with aggravated burglary and theft of property and was being held on $15,000 bond Monday.
The computer's owner told police it was stolen from his apartment between 1 p.m. and midnight. Holland, who lives below the victim's apartment, told police she heard people "running around" upstairs at mid-afternoon but saw no one in the area who didn't belong there.
After her arrest, Holland allegedly told police the masked men told her he "had better" pawn the computer.
A bicycle, described only as a "new green bicycle," was stolen from a Rolling Road home last week, police were told Friday. One fitting the description was found Tuesday in tall grass on Mac Street. Police were told it had been there for several days.
* A purse was stolen at Dollar General Market, North Main Street, while the victim was removing her bags from a cart at the store's entrance Saturday.
* A checkbook was taken from a shopping cart at United Grocery Outlet, Lane Parkway, early Saturday afternoon as the victim turned away for a moment to look at merchandise.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They were only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* John Morton Begley, 32, Baker Street; public intoxication, domestic violence; held, $3,000 bond
* Mary Cathleena Blindt, 29, Landers Street; theft involving merchandise; released, $1,000 bond
* Sarah Nicole Burke, 28, Burrum Drive; theft of property; released, $250 bond
* Joel Dean Cagle, 33, Canova Drive; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense), reckless driving, implied consent; released, $7,000 bond
* Tevin Raul Lamer Chery, 20, East Lane Street; VOP; summons delivered
* Ernesto Yance Colin, 31, Newnan, Ga.; DUI, implied consent; released, $2,500 bond
* Francisco Javier Galindo, 22, Cottonwood Drive; driving on suspended license, registration law, financial responsibility; released, $250 bond
* Jorge Hernandes Galvan, 43, John Shaw Road; DUI, open container; released, $2,500 bond
* Michael Coty Greene, 22, Hendon Memorial Road; public intoxication, disorderly conduct; released, $1,500 bond
* Christy Fay Grisham, 38, Maple Street; failure to appear; held, $2,500 bond
* Terry Leon Hastings, 60, Shepard Street; public intoxication, disorderly conduct; held, $1,500 bond
* Brittany Jean-Marie Holland, 21, Belmont Avenue; theft of property, aggravated burglary; held, $15,000 bond
* Robert Curtis Hopkins, 19, Murfreesboro; theft of property, assault, vandalism; summons delivered
* Carl John Janssen, 58, Old Unionville Road; domestic assault; released, $3,000 bond
* Amanda Sue Kelley, 23, Highway 82 South; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Ronnie Glenn Majors, 29, Tullahoma; violation of probation (two counts); released, $5,000 bond
* John Nathaniel Newsom, 22, Templeton Street; domestic assault, bondsman surrender; released, $12,500 bond
* Larry Neal Nichols Jr., 28, South Cannon Boulevard; public intoxication, possession of schedule VI drug, introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $3,750 bond
* Christopher Doyle O'Neal, 29, Mount Herman Road; possession of schedule VI drug for resale, speeding; held, $10,000 bond
* David Lee Overcast, 51, Scott Lane; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Bradley Dale Raby, 30, Fayetteville; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
* Charles Floyd Sidwell, 25, McMinnville; driving on revoked/suspended license, failure to maintain lane; released, $250 bond
* David William Smith Jr., 46, Belfast; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Steven Lee Stith, 18, Regent Drive; violation of probation, simple possession; held, $3,000 bond
* Gillis Kimmiyata Summersett, 38, Ray Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Keith Lashawn Swint, 37, Landers Street; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Tamela Marie Thomas, 32, Smyrna; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Florence Lou Walls, 47, Warners Bridge Road; domestic assault; released, $500 bond