Two allegedly-intoxicated people attacked the clerk at a Shelbyville convenience store after he refused to sell them beer Saturday night, police said.
The clerk at Chally Wally, North Main Street, suffered "swelling and redness" on one side of his face, officer David Dye's report said.
After the man and woman were told they were too intoxicated to purchase beer, she began cursing at the clerk. The clerk cursed back and she attacked him. As he tried to get the woman off him, her male friend punched the clerk in the face, police said.
The woman was described as having blonde hair and wearing an Alabama football jersey with the number 25, and the man as having dark hair and wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt and shorts. They left in a silver or gold GMC Envoy SUV.
Marijuana was found in the clothing of two Marshall County men arrested after they pulled into the parking lot of Celebration Way assisted living center on Union Street and tossed beer cans late Sunday, police said.
The driver, James Stephen Darling, 20, of Lewisburg, told officer Tracey Nelson he'd had "too much" to drink. Darling possessed approximately 3.89 grams of marijuana when being checked at Bedford County Jail, police said. He was charged with DUI, introducing contraband into a penal institution and violation of the drinking age law and posted $4,500 bond.
Approximately 3.52 grams of marijuana were found on passenger Mitchell Walter Pruitt, 25, of Belfast, according to Nelson's report. Pruitt was charged with public intoxication and introducing contraband into a penal institution. He was released on $3,000 bond.
Another passenger, Thomas Alan Parker, 40, of Lewisburg was charged with public intoxication and posted $500 bond.
A man who told police he didn't think he'd consumed enough Early Times whiskey to become intoxicated discovered differently early Sunday.
Officers inspected Harley Gene Boggs' vehicle after a traffic stop on Madison Street at 12:14 a.m. and, with the help of drug dog Rena, confiscated a half-smoked marijuana cigarette from the glove box.
Boggs, 18, of Bethlehem Church Road was stopped after Dye noticed his vehicle allegedly crossing the center line several times. He was charged with DUI, violations of the drinking age and open container laws, and possession of a schedule VI drug. He posted $2,000 bond.
A mountain bike was stolen from a Shapard Street residence between 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, police said.
Also reported to police:
* An XBox was stolen from a McBride Lane home Thursday. Entry was gained by cutting a screen and climbing through a window.
* A purse was stolen from a vehicle about midday Saturday on Bethany Lane.
The T-G reported on Oct, 23 that a debit card was stolen from a resident of Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center.
A Glen Oaks official has responded that the theft occurred in June and was not reported to management at the time.
The spokesperson said the card's owner was checked out of the facility by family members for an extended period and also re-admitted to a hospital before returning to Glen Oaks. The patient is no longer at the facility.
"Glen Oaks is not responsible for any theft that may have occurred when the resident was not on our premises," the spokesperson said.
The following were charged since last Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Jimmy Neal Anderton, 44, Highland Court; capias; released, $3,000 bond
* Aaron Mitchel Atkins, 30, Glenoaks Road; violation of probation; held, $5,000 bond
* Harley Gene Boggs, 18, Bethlehem Church Road; DUI, drinking age law, possession of schedule VI drug, open container law; released, $2,000 bond
* Christy Michelle Bond, 34, Gregory Mill Road; theft of property; released, $500 bond
* Baron Ludevick Clabaugh, 25, Highway 64 East; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $500 bond
* James Stephen Darling, 20, Lewisburg; DUI, drinking age law, introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $4,500 bond
* James Harvey Farrar Jr., 36, Shelbyville Mills Road; driving on suspended license, running red light/stop sign; released, $250 bond
* Jamie Blake Flannery, 23, Barksdale Lane; DUI, implied consent; held, $1,500 bond
* Wyatt Arnold Flannery, 49, King Arthur Court; aggravated domestic assault (two counts); held, $20,000 bond
* William Colby Jones, 26, Springdale Avenue; theft of property, domestic assault; held, $11,000 bond
* Andre Peter LaCoss, 44, Brookhaven Cove; DUI, speeding; released, $1,000 bond
* Jessica Nichole Lentz, 30, Boardwalk Way; theft of property; released, $500 bond
* Leroy Marshall, 50, Horse Mountain Road; evading arrest, DUI (third offense), driving on revoked/suspended license, simple possession of schedule VI drug; held, $25,500 bond
* Samuel Mateo, 27, Wood Street; DUI, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, open container; released, $5,000 bond
* Bradley Ross Nelson, 31, Frank Martin Road; vandalism; released, $5,000 bond
* Sara Lynnae Norman, 24, Cypress Street; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Thomas Alan Parker, 40, Lewisburg; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Shannon Lee Patton, 42, Fort Circle, Wartrace; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Ariesto Gallegos Perez, 22, Madison Street; DUI, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, financial responsibility; held, $5,500 bond
* Aaron Lee Pigg, 33, El Bethel Road; introducing contraband into penal institution, driving on revoked/suspended license, violation of parole; held, $4,500 bond
* Mitchell Walter Pruitt, 25, Belfast; public intoxication, introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $3,000 bond
* Eulalia Sebastian Sebastian, 47, Cottonwood Drive; driving on suspended license; released, $500 bond
* Charles Antwain Smith, 35, Hobson Avenue; violation of sex offender registry (two counts); released, $10,000 bond
* Stanley Lynn Smith, 46, Central Avenue; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Rolando Espejo Sosa, 25, Landers Street; leaving scene of personal injury accident, reckless endangerment (three counts), driving on suspended license; released, $27,500 bond
* Steven Edward Trotter, 26, Cypress Street; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Frank Zambrano, 18, Oak Street; drinking age law; released, $250 bond