A man found passed out in his car on Shapard Street was charged Tuesday after prescription drugs, for which he could not produce documentation, were found in his clothing.
Robert Terry Crowson, 50, of Earnhart Street had gained consciousness by the time medical personnel arrived. He was arrested for DUI as a strong odor of alcohol was present, police said, and Crowson was unable to pass field sobriety tests.
Sixteen Diazepam pills were discovered as Crowson was booked into Bedford County Jail, police said. Crowson was unable to produce a prescription for the drugs.
Charges of fifth offense DUI and possession of a schedule IV drug were filed against Crowson, who was being held on $20,000 bond Thursday.
Two arrests in two months for driving on a suspended license weren't enough to stop a driver from doing it again, police said.
Failure to use a turn signal led to the arrest of Randall Lynn Shinkle, 43, of Tremont Drive, police said.
Shinkle allegedly turned from Tremont Drive onto Madison Street late Tuesday night, where he was stopped by officer Jody Shelton -- who said he had stopped him for the same offense a month earlier.
His license was initially suspended for lack of vehicle insurance, police said. Shinkle told Shelton he couldn't afford insurance.
Shinkle was being held Wednesday on $7,500 bond.
A black horse has been found on Unionville-Deason Road by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department.
The horse is being sheltered; its owner is unknown.
Call the BCSD, (931) 684-3232, for information.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Robert Terry Crowson, 50, Earnhart Street; DUI (fifth offense), possession of schedule IV drug; held, $20,000 bond
* Keith Marcell Harden, 44, East Depot Street; (Nov. 13 arrest) domestic assault; held, $7,500 bond; (Nov. 14 arrest) domestic assault, false imprisonment; held, $25,000 bond
* Jonathan Scott Hutchinson, 30, Gant Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Lamar Jones, 38, West Lane Street; DUI, driving on suspended license, domestic assault, vandalism, violation of probation; held, $15,000 bond
* Ashley Chantal Marsh, 22, Myers Street; theft involving merchandise; released, $1,500 bond
* Narciso Orellana, 57, Avalon Drive; no driver's license, DUI, financial responsibility, failure to maintain lane; held, no bond
* Ryan Matthew Sheehan, 24, Barksdale Lane; filing false report, false imprisonment, assault; held, $13,500 bond
* Randall Lynn Shinkle, 43, Tremont Drive; driving on suspended license, light law, financial responsibility; held, $7,500 bond
* Jarrod Alan Wood, 33, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond