A man accused of stealing approximately $300 from his next door neighbor's home put up a fight all the way to jail, Shelbyville police said.
Jose Luis Acosta, 35, was seen coming out the back door of a Gowen Drive home Saturday morning by a relative of the victim, officer Brock Horner's report said.
Acosta was found in the bathroom of his home. He refused officers' orders, tried to kick out windows of a patrol car and was "very belligerent and aggressive" at the judicial commissioner's office and inside the jail, Horner said.
The money and a purse in which it was kept have not been found despite searches of Acosta's home and nearby yards, police said.
Acosta is charged with aggravated burglary and resisting arrest. He is being held without bond.
* A washer and dryer were taken from a Belmont Avenue home between 10 a.m. Thanksgiving Day and 6 p.m. Friday.
The victim, who had been out of town at the time, told police she thought it strange that a man she knows slightly and "helps out sometimes" had been repeatedly calling her. She said she had let it slip that she would be away.
Two cars and keys to 13 other vehicles were stolen from a Shelbyville auto dealership between Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning.
One of the cars taken from Mid-Tenn Auto Brokers, Madison Street -- a 2004 Ford Mustang GT -- was found damaged with its keys inside Friday morning on Cortner Road.
A gold 2002 Lincoln LS, which is still missing, contained a black .25 caliber Beretta pistol and an empty safe, police were told.
The back door was kicked to gain entry to the buildings, according to officer Jarred Frazier's report.
Four lawn mowers were taken from an unlocked shed at a Coney Island Road residence between Friday night and midday Saturday
The license plate was taken from a van at a Deery Street home overnight Friday, police were told.
The victim said their vehicles have been repeatedly tampered with.
* Apple iPods were stolen from two unlocked cars at a Fairlane Drive home early Friday.
The victims said they returned at 11 p.m. Thursday night and noticed the cars' driver's side doors were slightly open at 1:30 p.m. Friday.
* A purse was stolen from a car at Food Lion, Colloredo Boulevard, early Friday afternoon.
The police report did not specify if the car was locked.
It was the right place at the wrong time for an intoxicated Shelbyville man found passed out in a prayer room late Sunday night.
William Daniel Sharp, 31, of Bryant Road was unconscious and lying across chairs at the outside prayer room of House of Prayer, Union Street, police said. He was surrounded by multiple cans from a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best beer.
Sharp was charged with public intoxication and is being held on $1,000 bond. He has been arrested at least four other times this year for public intoxication, T-G records show.
Police were told Sharp is welcome at the prayer room if sober.
The following were charged since Wednesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Jose Luis Acosta, 35, Gowen Drive; aggravated burglary, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, no bond
* Esther Miriam Arroyo, 27, Barksdale Lane; public intoxication; held, $250 bond
* Olivia Dawn Barba, 20, Barksdale Lane; theft involving merchandise; held, $1,000 bond
* Laquan Vidal Brown, 21, Barksdale Lane; driving on suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Sarah Nicole Burke, 28, Burrum Drive; shoplifting; held, $1,000 bond
* Andrew Barrett Conley, 22, Dickson; assault; released, $5,000 bond
* Carrol Junior Davidson, 40, Reese Street; public intoxication, criminal impersonation; released, $1,000 bond
* Ronald Lee Finchum Jr., 44, Tullahoma; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Joseph Allen Graham, 42, Burrum Drive; public intoxication; released, $1,000 bond
* Richard Thomas Hawkins, 55, Blaine Circle; DUI, speeding; released, $500 bond
* Nathan Andrew Hill Jr., 20, Gaither Road; drag racing; released, $250 bond
* Skyla Monet Jennings, 20, Shapard Drive; driving on revoked/suspended license; summons delivered
* Charles Daniel Marston, 18, Decherd; contributing to the delinquency of a minor (three counts); released, $12,000 bond
* Justin Albert McCrary, 22, Big Springs Road; domestic assault; released, $7,500 bond
* Jonathan Ray Miller, 28, Valley Road; DUI (third offense), open container, possession of schedule III, introducing contraband into penal institution; held, $13,000 bond
* Jorge Luis Morales, 19, Warren Circle; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, speeding; released, $1,500 bond
* Thomas Anthony Newman, 59, East Lane Street; driving on revoked/suspended license (fourth offense), simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $750 bond
* Lawrence Erskin Owens, 31, Deery Street; driving on suspended license; released, $250 bond
* Misty Dawn Powell, 32, El Bethel Road; violation of probation; released, $250 bond
* Artemio Manuel Ramos Ramos, 21, Pineview Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* William Daniel Sharp, 31, Bryant Road; public intoxication; held, $1,000 bond
* James Tyler Tawwater, 18, Winners Circle; drinking age law; released, $250 bond