Pills were confiscated from a man police saw "staggering" down North Main Street late Tuesday night.
Brandon Burton Stafford, 27, of Railroad Avenue was in possession of morphine and oxymorhone pills, had "several fresh needle punctures" on an arm and two needle caps, officer Jose Garza's report said.
Stafford, who told officers he had not injected drugs, was charged with possession of a schedule II drug and public intoxication. He was being held on $16,000 bond Tuesday at Bedford County Jail.
l A television set, blu-ray player and computer system were stolen from an apartment at The Ridge at Shelbyville, last week, police were told.
Officers arrived at 2:28 a.m. Thanksgiving Day and were told by a man who does not live in the apartment that people were removing items. The owner confirmed Friday the items had been taken. No signs of forced entry were found.
l A stereo speaker was taken from a King Arthur Trailer Court home between Nov. 18 and Monday.
The following were charged since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Jerry Edward Fitzgerald, 46, West End Circle; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
* James Michael Hillis, 27, Sims Road; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
* Stephen Henry Lovett, 31, Oakdale Street; theft of property under $500; released, $2,500 bond
* Billy Joe Pigg, 21, Templeton Street; burglary, theft of property over $10,000 (two counts), theft of property over $500; held, $26,000 bond
* Brandon Burton Stafford, 27, Railroad Avenue; possession of schedule II drug, public intoxication; held, $16,000 bond