Officers checking an Anthony Lane apartment found marijuana in several locations and arrested the renter after being called to a report of a possible disturbance.
Abishai Ladson, 26, told officers he had been asleep and no disturbance had taken place in his residence. Officers entered the apartment over Ladson's objections to make sure no one was injured.
Officers found no other people, but did discover several small bags of marijuana, half-smoked marijuana cigarettes, a bong, scale and grinder.
Ladson was charged with possession of a schedule VI drug for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on $4,000 bond
* A man stopped for allegedly not wearing a seatbelt was charged with possession of a schedule II drug when Sgt. Michael Davis stopped his vehicle Saturday.
"It's meth," Melvin Jerome Perkins, 50, of North Jefferson Street said of two small plastic bags police said he threw after getting out of the vehicle and throwing two small plastic bags onto his driveway.
Davis said he followed Perkins from Elm Street, with lights and siren on, to his driveway.
A suspect accused of shoplifting was placed in restraints Friday after struggling with loss prevention employees at Kroger, North Main Street, on Friday.
Police said Cameron Lee Tipton, 29, of Anderton Road "became aggressive" toward employees after he was taken to the store's office, and a struggle erupted when he attempted to leave.
Tipton was accused of hiding lithium ion batteries, which police said have not been found, in a pocket. He was charged with theft of merchandise and released on $500 bond.
* A new television set still in its box and two rings were taken from a South Hillcrest Drive home Sunday afternoon.
Police discovered an intruder had climbed into an outdoor grill to reach a window and gain entry.
* An air compressor was stolen from the yard of a Fairground Heights home Friday morning, police were told.
* A dog described as a white and brown Spitz was stolen off a leash outside an East Depot Street residence between 2-10:30 p.m. Saturday.
* A Nintendo DS system was stolen from a car at a Cunningham Lane home between 6 p.m. Monday and 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Shelbyville police were told Thursday.
The following were arrested since Thursday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Lawrence John Bates, 51, Depot Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Bonnie Nichole Bruce, 28, Lewis Avenue; aggravated domestic assault; held, $7,500 bond
* Rebecca Ann Cox, 35, College Grove; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Sean Casey Cunningham, 22, La Vergne; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Carrol Junior Davidson, 40, Reese Street; (Nov. 29) public intoxication; released, $1,500 bond; (Nov. 30) bondsman surrender; released, $1,500 bond
* Lonnie Wesley Driver, 42, Fairground Heights; violation of sex offender registry; released, $20,000 bond
* Bradley Ray Durham, 23, Tullahoma; possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $1,000 bond
* Billy Marvin Ezell, 29, Old Pencil Mill Road; criminal impersonation, violation of order of protection (two counts), initiation of a process resulting in meth; held, $45,000 bond
* Kyle Devin Fults, 25, Woodbury Street; theft involving merchandise, criminal trespassing; released, $1,250 bond
* Justin Wilson Green, 24, Madison Street; bondsman surrender-failure to appear; held, $500 bond
* Christopher Blake Hill, 28, Tullahoma; driving on suspended license (fourth offense); released, $3,000 bond
* Justin Michael Hosmer, 23, White Street; driving on revoked license (second offense), failure to yield; held, $1,000 bond
* Abishai Ladson, 26, Anthony Lane; possession of schedule VI drug for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $4,000 bond
* Doroteo Aparicio Lazaro, 51, Meadow Drive; violation of order of protection, resist stop/frisk/halt/search, evading arrest; held, no bond
* Heather Leeann Lydly, 24, Barksdale Lane; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Nathan Todd Melton, 29, Tullahoma; promotion of meth manufacture, possession of schedule II drug with intent to sell; held, $45,000 bond
* Stephanie Michelle Mooneyham, 21, Woodbury; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
* Maria Jesus Perez, 19, Brookhaven Circle; driving on revoked license, speeding, financial responsibility; released, $500 bond
* Mario Thomas Perkins, 24, Decherd; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; held, $1,500 bond
* Melvin Jerome Perkins, 50, North Jefferson Street; possession of schedule II drug for resale, driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense); released, $7,500 bond
* Heather Leann Prince, 25, Belmont Avenue; violation of probation; released, $3,500 bond
* Timothy Mark Pruett Jr., 24, Sherwood Court; driving on suspended license (second offense), bondsman surrender; released, $2,500 bond
* Ann Marie Richardson, 35, Barksdale Lane; public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $2,500 bond
* Travis Blake Seibers, 24, Myers Street; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
* Blake Michael Stone, 18, Cannon Road; theft involving merchandise; released, $3,000 bond
* Justin Michael Stone, 24, Fairground Heights; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Cameron Lee Tipton, 29, Anderton Road; theft of merchandise; released, $500 bond
* Tasha Trice, 32, Carter Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Maurice Dashawn Walker, 18, Winchester; DUI, drinking age law; released, $2,000 bond
* Nicholas Raymond Ward, 31, Edgeview Drive; false imprisonment, domestic assault; released, $5,000 bond
* Eric Ryan Williams, 34, Cornersville; violation of probation; released, $500 bond