Deputies answering a domestic violence call were surprised to run up on a chicken fight at a Coffey Road farm Saturday night.
Charlie B. Seibers, 61, of the farm was arrested Wednesday and released without a bond being set, Bedford County Jail records indicate.
"Two deputies were answering a call, which turned out to be false, from a man who claimed he had been assaulted," Capt. Tony Barrett of the Bedford County Sheriff's Department said. "They ran up on a place where there was evidence people had been fighting chickens."
Several dead chickens were found but no live poultry, Barrett said.
The deputies said more than 100 people were at the location. No crowd members were arrested, Barrett said, due to the presence of only two deputies to handle 100 people.
"There were bleachers set up inside a barn," Barrett said. "They have since been taken down."
Records indicate no recent law enforcement calls to the Coffey farm, Barrett said.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Harley Gene Boggs, 18, Bethlehem Church Road; DUI; released, $4,000 bond
* Dorian Flores, 23, Cates Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Octavius Trevon Harris, 18, Smith Street; sexual exploitation of a minor; released, $500 bond
* Labron Monson Hill, 41, Tullahoma; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Jakiel Jeffon Hughes, 18, Cessna Lane; theft of property; released, $250 bond
* Juan Antonio Martinez, 31, Ranchero Trailer Court; no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $500 bond
* Matthew Troy McClaran, 40, Paschal Road; domestic assault; held, $3,500 bond
* Danny Floyd Odeneal, 58, South Cannon Boulevard; aggravated domestic assault; held, $7,500 bond
* Jeffrey Todd Reynolds, 45, Ward Circle; habitual motor vehicle offender, reckless endangerment; held, $20,000 bond
* Maria Delresario Riojas, 33, Bird Street; theft involving merchandise; released, $500 bond
* Alyssa Charlene Rudder, 24, Savage Hollow Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Charlie B. Seribers, 51, Coffey Road; cock and animal fighting; summons delivered
* Shawn Lewis Watson, 18, South Hillcrest Drive; theft of property, bondsman surrender; released, $5,500 bond