CORRECTION: In Tuesday's jail intake listing, Nathan Todd Armstrong, 22, of Lee Road was incorrectly listed by Bedford County Jail as charged with violation of the sex offender registry.
He is NOT on the sex offender registry. The error was made by the jail, where a computer operator had intended to type the correct charge of violation of the vehicle registration law. The story below has been corrected.
Two small bags containing marijuana were found in a vehicle following a traffic stop Sunday on Whitthorne Street, police said.
Drug dog Julie was brought to the vehicle and alerted on the driver's side door, Sgt. Charles Merlo said. Julie was placed inside and alerted on the console, where officer Jody Shelton discovered the bags which weighed approximately 3.4 grams.
Charles DeJuan Mayes, 22, of Sanders Street was charged with possession of schedule VI for resale, running a stop sign and no driver's license/exhibited on demand. Mayes ran a stop sign at the intersection of Blue Ribbon Parkway and Perfection Drive as Merlo watched, his report said/
A purse containing $200 was stolen from an unlocked car in a Lane Parkway parking lot Saturday, police said.
Police were told $60 was taken from a wallet Sunday at a Landers Street apartment.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Tony Eugene Adams, 22, Morrison; vandalism, auto burglary; held, $11,000 bond
* Nathan Todd Armstrong, 22, Lee Road; DUI, possession of schedule VI drug, violation of registration; held, $3,000 bond
* Ashley Rachelle Bush, 19, Shapard Drive; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, failure to yield right of way; released, $500 bond
* Jose Ramon Rios Crespo, 37, Green Lane; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Martha Laura Gallegos, 20, Landers Street; DUI by allowance, drinking age law; released, $2,000 bond
* Harold William Goins Jr., 52, Smyrna; DUI (second offense); held, no bond
* Bo Justin Lamb, 23, Comstock Road; aggravated criminal trespassing, vandalism; released, $1,500 bond
* Timothy Wayne Leverette, 53, Cedar Grove Road; unauthorized use of auto/joyriding; released, $3,000 bond
* Charles DeJuan Mayes, 22, Sanders Street; running stop sign, possession of schedule VI for resale, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $500 bond
* Nicholas Anthony Navarro, 25, Halls Mill Road; DUI, implied consent, speeding; released, $2,500 bond
* Jonathan Michael Rose, 21, Unionville-Deason Road; theft of property; held, $500 bond
* James Charles Toney Jr., 30, Mac Street; driving on suspended license, speeding; released on recognizance
* Andrew Clyde Walker, 28, Columbia; driving on revoked/suspended license, seat belt law, financial responsibility, open container; released, $500 bond
* Victor Shawn Worthey, 19, Lynchburg; DUI, drinking age law, possession of schedule VI drug; released, $2,500 bond