A man grabbed money from the cash register and ran from a Shelbyville convenience store late New Year's Eve night, police said.
The cashier told police the man made a purchase and, when the register was opened, grabbed several $5 bills and ran.
She described the suspect as approximately 5-feet-10, black and wearing a dark toboggan, dark blue coveralls and white Nike Shox shoes. He was last seen running down Belmont Avenue.
A black Nissan Armada was taken from a Tollgate Road home early Sunday, the Bedford County Sheriff's Department said.
Shortly before 5 a.m. the owner heard a noise outside the home and a neighbor saw the SUV leaving but thought the owner was driving.
A Smith & Wesson M&P .40 caliber handgun was stolen from an unlocked truck at a home on Highway 130 East between Friday and Sunday, according to a BCSD report.
A handgun of unknown make was taken from a Cowan Street residence in mid-July 2012 but just reported Monday, police were told.
Police confiscated marijuana from a truck during a traffic stop on Green Lane early Tuesday.
Douglas Ryan Crosslin, 21, of Philpot Road had "extremely bloodshot eyes" and his truck's cab smelled of marijuana, officer Chris Vest's report said.
Vest said he questioned Crosslin about a clear plastic bag visible in his hoodie and was told it contained pot. A pipe containing a small amount of marijuana was found inside the truck, Vest said.
Crosslin was charged with possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, vehicle light law; released, $1,000 bond.
The following were arrested since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Ociel Anchondo, 24, Raby Avenue; public intoxication; released, $1,000 bond
* Robert Allen Angus, 41, Bird Street; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Zaccheus Michael Carson, 26, Thompson Creek Road; disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $1,500 bond
* Douglas Ryan Crosslin, 21, Philpot Road; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, vehicle light law; released, $1,000 bond
* Kerry Ann Naccarato, 48, Deer Point Road; DUI; released, $1,000 bond
* Wanda Lee Nix, 64, Green Lane; possession of schedule III drug for resale; released, $1,500 bond
* James Tyler Posey, 20, Union Street; drinking age law, possession of schedule VI drug with intent to sell; released, $750 bond
* Autumn Nicole Turner, 25, Cedar Grove Road; domestic assault; released, $4,500 bond