(T-G Photo by David Melson)
Adamson said grease from chicken being cooked set the blaze which destroyed the older, brick home about 4:15 p.m.
"One spark on a burner took it all out," Duane Fetter, also a resident of the home, said. "Our family's lost everything."
"It was just a simple kitchen fire and look...," Adamson said.
"I thank God these guys put their lives on the line. I really do," said the Rev. Steven Krantz, who lives in another of the area of small homes crowded behind a radiator shop, of Bedford County firefighters battling the blaze.
The American Red Cross Heart of Tennessee chapter was called to provide aid to the family.