Marijuana and drugs were found in a Jeep stopped after a hit-and-run accident Monday on Lane Parkway, Shelbyville police said.
Keith Darnell Thurman, 21, of U.S. 231 North allegedly struck a car -- the crash was heard by officer Gregg Loyd -- and fled toward the Regent Drive area.
Thurman was stopped by Loyd on Courtland Avenue., where he denied having been in an accident. The Jeep's front end was damaged, Loyd said.
A strong marijuana odor was present in the Jeep, Loyd said, and Thurman allegedly denied permission for a search.
Drug dog Julie was brought to the scene by officer Jody Shelton and detected a smell on the driver's door, Loyd said, which is legal grounds for the vehicle to be searched. Two bags containing 1.67 grams of marijuana, rolling papers, scales, morphine and oxycodone tablets were found inside, police said.
Charges of possession of a schedule II drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving on a revoked license and leaving the scene of an accident were filed against Thurman, Loyd's report said.
It was Thurman's second accident in two days, police said. Thurman was arrested Sunday for driving on a revoked license and not having vehicle insurance after a non-injury accident Sunday at the Colloredo Boulevard-Morton Street intersection.
* The owner of Security Retirement Solutions, South Cannon Boulevard, told police Saturday most of the firm's bank statements from 2012 were stolen from his office.
* A laptop computer was stolen from a Fairlane Drive home between Wednesday and Sunday, police were told.
The back door window was broken to gain entry, the report said.
* A book of checks was taken from an unlocked car at Shelbyville Recreation Center between 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Wyatt Ervin Allen, 43, Higgins Road; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Joshua Nathan Brown, 24, U.S. 41A North; driving on revoked/suspended license; held, no bond
* David Allen Cates, 26, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released, $3,500 bond
* Robby Joe Cook, 40, Brothers Road; aggravated assault, public intoxication; released, $26,000 bond
* Jesse Tyler Crosslin, 18, East Parkway; harassment; released, $500 bond
* Bryan Matthew Davis, 27, Old Pencil Mill Road; possession of schedule VI drug; released, $2,500 bond
* William Brian Diamond, 44, Westmoreland; DUI (second offense), financial responsibility; held, $5,000 bond
* Kenneth Floyd Jr., 37, Richdale Lane; DUI, open container, failure to maintain lane, seat belt law; released, $1,000 bond
* Corey Alexander Garrard, 20, Haskins Chapel Road; burglary, theft of property; released, $8,000 bond
* Lawson Howard Jr., 50, West Side Square; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Anthony Damar Johnson, 26, Cedar River Road; evading arrest by motor vehicle, reckless endangerment (two counts), driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $2,000 bond
* Kevin Andrew Johnson, 34, Old Pencil Mill Road; failure to appear; released, $1,000 bond
* Ashley Nashae Marshall, 23, East Lane Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Lawrence Amual Merlo, 61, Maple Street; driving on revoked license (second offense); released, $3,000 bond
* Lawrence Amual Merlo Jr., 38, Home Place Trailer Park; aggravated assault; released, $25,000 bond
* Nicholas Anthony Navarro, 25, Halls Mill Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* David Lee Overcast, 51, Scott Lane; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* James Tyler Posey, 20, Shelbyview Drive; filing false report; released, $5,000 bond
* Sherry Denise Proctor, 43, Warners Bridge Road; public intoxication; released, $1,000 bond
* Michael Norman Roddy, 40, Bryant Street; aggravated assault, public intoxication; released, $26,000 bond
* Jonathan Blade Sachs, 18, Wheeler Street; reckless endangerment; released, $500 bond
* Travis Blake Seibers, 24, Myers Street; violation of probation; released, $5,000 bond
* Keith Darnell Thurman, 21, U.S. 231 North; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, no bond