A man who told police he crashed his truck while reading a text message late Wednesday night was intoxicated, officers said.
Jonathan Lynn suffered mouth injuries after hitting a metal utility pole at the Lane Parkway-West Lane Street intersection, officer David Dye's report said.
Lynn allegedly said he'd consumed "three or four beers" and smelled of alcohol, the report said.
He was taken to Heritage Medical Center's emergency room, where police said Lynn refused to be treated, jerked an IV tube from his arm and removed devices used to check his vital signs.
Doctors managed to finish treatment, Dye said, and Lynn was taken to Bedford County Jail and charged with third offense DUI, disorderly conduct and violation of the financial responsibility law.
The following were arrested since Wednesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Anthony Wayne Baltimore, 53, Troupe Road; disorderly conduct; released, $1,500 bond
* William Thomas Fithian Sr., 52, Orchard Lane, Bell Buckle; truancy; summons delivered
* Felicia R. Garrett, 26, Burt Street; violation of probation; released, no bond listed
* Vickey Elizabeth Johnson, 60, Deery Street; theft involving merchandise, public intoxication; released, $750 bond
* Phillip Norman Marshall, 30, Himesville Road; simple possession of schedule VI drug (two counts), possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $4,000 bond
* David Lee Overcast, 51, Scott Lane; violation of probation; held, no bond
* Luis Aqirre Rosales, 34, Nelson Street; domestic assault; held, $10,000 bond
* Kenneth Travis Williams, 32, Peacock Lane; failure to appear (two counts); held, $20,000 bond