(T-G Photo by David Melson)
Matthew Kyle Hamlin, 21, of Fayetteville was arrested in a case handled by Sgt. Josh Tolar, Cpl. Benjamin Burris, Detective Sgt. David Sakich, Cpl. Ronnie Gault and Reserve Deputy Jason Blanton of the Bedford County Sheriff's Department
Investigators said Hamlin is from Fayetteville; the Bedford County Jail intake lists his address as Vine Street in Wartrace.
He is being charged with possession of schedule I, II, IV and VI drugs for resale and unlawful possession of a handgun in Bedford County and, for allegedly taking the car, felony theft by Smyrna police, Tolar said.
Kyle possessed "at least two ounces" of marijuana, 41 grams of crack cocaine, 37 ounces of uncut cocaine, three bags containing 130 grams of "Molly's Plant Food" and several unidentified pills, Tolar said, along with a .45 caliber handgun and $1,600 cash.
A man who allegedly told police he smokes marijuana because "it's the only thing that calms me down" was charged with possession after a traffic stop Friday night.
Tyler Clay Stewart, 19, of Hickory Drive was stopped on Walnut Street after officer Todd Sanders noticed one of his car's headlights was out.
Sanders' report said he was aware Stewart had previously possessed marijuana and called officer Jody Shelton and drug dog Julie.
Stewart objected to a request for a vehicle search, Sanders said. Julie alerted on the vehicle, legally allowing the search.
A marijuana cigarette and glass pipe containing marijuana residue were found in the car, Sanders said.
Stewart was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of the vehicle light law. He posted $3,500 bond.
Three vehicles were entered at Cedar Grove Street homes overnight Friday.
A drill and two nailers were stolen from an unlocked truck and 12 compact discs and a in-dash stereo from two other vehicles, for which the lock status was not listed.
Goodbye kisses before arrests aren't allowed.
Roderick Brooks of Shelbyville found out the hard way when he was arrested on multiple charges after a traffic stop Saturday night.
Brooks, 34, of White Street allegedly pulled from Burt Street onto Belmont Avenue in front of Sgt. Charles Merlo's police cruiser, almost causing an accident. He allegedly sped to his home with Merlo in pursuit and ran away.
Officer Tory Moore found Brooks a block away on Center Street. Brooks asked if he could kiss his girlfriend goodbye before being taken to jail and was told "no" by Merlo.
Brooks was charged with DUI, evading arrest by motor vehicle, driving on a suspended license, failure to maintain lane, implied consent, running a stop sign and financial responsibility (no proof of vehicle insurance), plus failure to appear in connection with a previous case, and was held on $12,500 bond.
The following were arrested since Thursday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Dawn Michelle Berry, 24, Quail Hollow Road; forgery (two counts); released, $3,000 bond
* Kenneth Lee Boles, 27, Livingston; introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $5,000 bond
* Roderick Wendall Brooks, 34, White Street; evading arrest by motor vehicle, DUI, driving on suspended license (second offense), failure to maintain lane, financial responsibility, implied consent, running red light/stop sign, failure to appear; held, $12,500 bond
* Dusty Allen Bryant, 21, Tullahoma; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of a weapon; held, $2,500 bond
* Nicole Burk, 28, Highway 64 East; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Scott Matthew Burley, 42, Landers Street; promotion of meth manufacture; held, $10,000 bond
* Johnny Lee Cawthron, 38, Halls Mill Road; harassment; released, no bond
* Adam Joseph Forrester, 28, King Arthur Trailer Court; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
* Brookelynn Paige Frame, 20, Estill Springs; domestic assault; released, $3,000 bond
* Larry James Garman, 59, Cook Lane; domestic assault, public intoxication; released, $3,000 bond
* Kyle Matthew Hamlin, 21, Vine Street, Wartrace; possession of schedule II drug for resale, possession of schedule VI drug for resale, possession of a weapon, possession of synthetic drug for resale; held, $70,000 bond
* Edgar Julio Hernandez, 25, Keenan Lane; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Justin Tyler Locke, 22, Mt. Juliet; possession/sale of schedule II drug; held, $7,500 bond
* Daniel Steven Lyall, 39, Tullahoma; violation of community corrections; held, no bond
* Jonathan Douglas Lynn, 26, Collier Avenue; DUI (third offense), financial responsibility, disorderly conduct; held, $10,000 bond
* Earl Reed Manier Jr., 30, Bunker Hill Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Earl Reed Manier Sr., 54, Bunker Hill Road; DUI (eighth offense), driving on revoked/suspended license, leaving scene of accident, open container, failure to report; released, $15,000 bond
* Jason David Marsh, 43, Midland Road; possession of schedule VI drug; released, no bond
* Martin Miguel Martin, 19, Bridlewood Drive; public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $2,000 bond
* Joey Andrew McCullough, 27, Tullahoma; theft of property; released, $250 bond
* John Daniel McCullough IV, 30, Barksdale Lane; theft of property; released, $1,000 bond
* Steven Jamaul McGee, 22, Wheeler Street; domestic assault, driving on revoked/suspended license; held, $3,500 bond
* Wilfredo Melendez, 22, Frame Lane; public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $2,000 bond
* Pedro Razo Mojica, 48, Center Street; DUI, running red light/stop sign, implied consent; released, $2,000 bond
* David Allen Moore, 20, Cates Street; violation of probation, theft of property, possession of/conspiracy to distribute schedule VI drug, burglary, possession/sale of schedule IV drug; held, $17,000 bond
* Rebecca Renee Nelson, 33, River Ranch Road; domestic violence, public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $4,000 bond
* Sharon Kaye Newman, 50, Madison Street; theft of property; released on recognizance
* Lauren Nicole Pegg, 21, Hickory Hill Church Road; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
* Eric Ransom, 47, Elizabeth Street; assault, released, no bond
* William Taylor Singletary, 20, Christiana; DUI, drinking age law, speeding; released, $2,500 bond
* James David Smith, 31, Petersburg; driving on suspended license, running red light/stop sign; released, $250 bond
* Rolando Espejo Sosa, 26, Landers Street; driving on revoked license (second offense), vehicle light law, financial responsibility, criminal impersonation; released, $4,000 bond
* Tyler Clay Stewart, 19, Hickory Drive; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, light law; released, $3,500 bond
* Michael Henry Welter, 33, King Arthur Court; theft of property under $500; released, $250 bond