Officers blocked several streets in southern Shelbyville late Tuesday after an armed man who had allegedly been drinking fired shots inside his home.
A home on Riverview Drive just off South Cannon Boulevard was surrounded by city and county officers after Troy Alen Cleek, 41, allegedly shot walls and objects, Detective Sgt. Brian Crews of the Shelbyville Police Department said.
Police responded after a family member escaped and notified authorities Cleek had been drinking and was armed with a handgun. Officers took precautions after being reminded Cleek has allegedly threatened to shoot police in the past, Crews said.
An attempt to establish contact with Cleek was unsuccessful because he ripped telephone wires from the walls, police said.
Following several minutes of observing Cleek through the windows, officers were able to enter the home and apprehend him without incident.
Cleek was charged with aggravated domestic assault and, due to the family member not being able to immediately leave, kidnapping/abduction. He is being held on $45,000 bond at Bedford County Jail.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Troy Alan Cleek, 41, Riverview Drive; aggravated domestic assault, kidnapping/abduction; held, $45,000 bond
* Donald Dewayne Johnson, 35, Jarrell Street; failure to appear; held, no bond
* Serena Courtney Kearns, 25, Highway 64 East; shoplifting, possession of schedule IV drug; held, $2,500 bond
* Shane Michael McAnally, 46, Bugscuffle Road; domestic assault; held, $3,500 bond
* Bobby Daryl Rogers, 42, Landers Street; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Travis Jerome Wilbourn, 30, Gobler, Mo.; failure to appear; released, no bond