After denying he used marijuana, a Shelbyville man moments later told police they could find some in his vehicle's dashboard, police said after a traffic stop Friday night,
Colby Palmer Perryman, 19, of Austin Avenue made the denial to officers Cody Swift and Chris Vest after they said they smelled marijuana in the car, according to an SPD report.
As the officers searched the vehicle, Perryman told them where the marijuana was. Vest removed part of the dashboard and found a bag of marijuana.
Perryman was charged with possession of a schedule VI drug and violation of the vehicle light law; Swift said he stopped Perryman because a headlight was out.
Bond was set at $500.
* Marijuana was also found in a vehicle blocking the Burger King drive-through when the driver fell asleep shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Leonel Remmanuel Gutierrez, 26, of Bethany Lane passed field sobriety tests, but officers requested and were granted a vehicle search, Officer Jody Shelton said he found marijuana in two locations and a glass pipe used for smoking marijuana.
Gutierrez was charged with driving on suspended license, simple possession and possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $1,000 bond
* Marijuana found in his pocket belonged to someone else, Patrick Benoit, 24, of Murfreesboro told police when stopped early Saturday for reckless driving on North Main Street.
Paper bands around his arm were from a bar he'd visited two nights earlier, he told officer Gregg Loyd.
Benoit was arrested when .69 grams of marijuana were discovered in a pocket.
He was charged with DUI, simple possession of schedule VI drug, driving on a suspended license and violation of the registration law and posted $4,000 bond.
A woman arrested for suspicion of DUI early Saturday faces an additional charge after allegedly removing her handcuffs while in a patrol car.
Peggy Sue Hannah, 53, of Highway 64 East was being driven from a traffic stop on Calsonic Way to Bedford County Emergency Medical Service's operations center on Frank Martin Road for a blood draw to determine blood alcohol level, officer Chris Vest said.
Vest noticed Hannah, whose hands had been in front of her, was no longer cuffed. She tried to conceal her hands and would not initially comply with officers' orders, Vest said.
Officers discovered a bottle in her clothing containing oxycodone, hydrocodone and diazepam pills prescribed to another person.
Hannah was charged with third offense DUI, resisting arrest, driving on a revoked license, possession of schedule IV, schedule III and schedule II drugs and vehicle light law violation. She was being held on $25,000 bond Tuesday.
Two Confederate belt buckles worth a total of $6,800 were stolen from a vehicle at Budget Motel, Madison Street.
The glove box was entered between 8 a.m. and 9:30 p.m., police said, and no forced entry was evident.
Other thefts reported to Shelbyville police since Friday:
* Medication was stolen from a Madison Street home while the victim was hospitalized between Tuesday and Saturday of last week, police said.
A window screen was removed to gain entry.
* A power washer, Playstation 3 and various games were taken between 11:30 a.m.-10:50 p.m. Sunday from a Fairground Heights residence.
Entry was gained by kicking a back door.
* A total of $170 was stolen from a wallet in a truck at a Hobson Avenue home Sunday, police were told.
Gunshots allegedly fired by a Cypress Street resident early Sunday night upset neighbors, police were told,
Gary Michael Bell III, 25, was charged with reckless endangerment for "firing a weapon in a confined neighborhood," officer David Dye said in his report.
Police were told Bell fired several shots from a .40 caliber handgun into the air outside his home during an argument with visitors to a party. Officers found nine spent .40 caliber shell casings in the driveway.
The following were arrested since last Wednesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Gary Michael Bell III, 25, Cypress Street; reckless endangerment; released, $5,000 bond
* Patrick Benoit, 22, Murfreesboro; DUI, simple possession of schedule VI drug, driving on revoked/suspended license, registration law; released, $4,000 bond
* Timothy Kevin Brandon, 44, Stern Lane; failure to appear; held, $20,000 bond
* Chad Michael Brown, 38, Wall Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Don Lavale Castleman, 42, Shelby Circle; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
* Brian David Clark, 25, Tullahoma; failure to appear; released, no bond
* Wendell Jay Conner, 33, Monroe; failure to appear, bondsman surrender; held, $16,000 bond
* Jesse Tyler Crosslin, 18, East Parkway; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Rose Ella Edwards, 41, Fairfield Pike; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $500 bond
* Larry James Garman, 59, Cook Lane; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Henry Lewis Garrett, 61, Earnhart Street; driving on revoked/suspended license (seventh offense); held, $10,000 bond
* Teresa Louise Garvin, 52, Manchester; possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $2,000 bond
* Robbie Allan Groves, 32, U.S. 41A North; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Jesse Anthony Gutierrez, 19, Sunrise Court; driving on revoked license; released, $1,000 bond
* Leonel Remmanuel Gutierrez, 26, Bethany Lane; driving on suspended license, simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $1,000 bond
* Robert Guzman Jr., 21, Green Lane; public intoxication; held, $250 bond
* Justin Alexander Hampton, 21, Elaine Drive; forgery; released, $3,000 bond
* Peggy Sue Hannah, 53, Highway 64 East; DUI (third offense), resist stop/frisk/halt/search, driving on revoked license, light law, possession of schedule IV drug, possession of schedule III drug, possession of schedule II drug; held, $25,000 bond
* Brenda Louise Harrell, 40, Hopkins Drive; check law; summons delivered
* Adan Hernandez, 41, Graydon Street; no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $500 bond
* Jeffrey Scott Hutchinson, 49, Gant Road; capias (failure to appear), bondsman surrender (failure to appear); held, no bond
* John Clark Locke, 54, Shelbyview Drive; sale and delivery of schedule II drug; held, $30,000 bond
* Ronnie Glenn Majors, 29, Madison Street; violation of order of protection (two counts); held, $5,000 bond
* Earl Reed Manier Sr., 54, Bunker Hill Road; violation of probation; held, no bond
* Winfield Scott McKeown, 21, Tullahoma; DUI (second offense), financial responsibility; released, $5,000 bond
* Charles Bell McKinney, 45, White Street; possession of schedule VI drug for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession/sale of schedule VI drug; released, $5,500 bond
* Billy Joe Melton, 35, Jack Pickle Lane; solicitation of a minor by electronic means, solicitation of a minor (two counts), providing obscene material to a minor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, harboring a runaway; held, $75,000 bond
* Jessie Rene Moore, 26, Fayetteville; bondsman surrender-failure to appear; held, $250 bond
* Garrett Logan Morton, 26, Barksdale Lane; violation of probation, bondsman surrender; held, $7,500 bond
* Matthew Shane Nelson, 37, Baker Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Brian Patrick Pedigo, 40, Cayenne Drive; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
* Ostell Benton Peoples, 95, Deery Street; driving on revoked/suspended license, leaving scene of accident, financial responsibility; released on recognizance
* Colby Palmer Perryman, 19, Austin Avenue; possession of schedule VI drug, light law; released, $500 bond
* Cynthia Lee Phipps, 50, Eagle Boulevard; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Adrian Fontez Puckett, 28, Burt Street; domestic violence; released, $500 bond
* Jonathan Lynn Poe, 30, Hill Street, Wartrace; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Ashley Nichole Rosales, 25, West End Circle; assault; released, $500 bond
* Jonathan Blade Sachs, 18, Wheeler Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* William Daniel Sharp, 32, Bryant Road; public intoxication; held, $2,500 bond
* Rolando Espejo Sosa, 26, Landers Street; violation of probation; released, $7,500 bond
* Keith Darnell Thurman Jr., 21, U.S. 231 North; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
* Jeffrey Steven Tucker, 22, Sims Road; domestic assault; released, $500 bond
* Kenneth Wayne Vaughan, 52, Springdale Avenue; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Adam Floid Watson, 24, Fayetteville; failure to appear; held, no bond
* Lila Claire Ward, 29, Peacock Lane; shoplifting; released, $1,000 bond