A man who allegedly fired shots from his truck at another vehicle Friday afternoon while driving on Madison Street has been charged with aggravated assault with a weapon.
Two bullets fired from a Jennings semi-automatic pistol by Lawrence Joseph Haynes, 27, of South Cannon Boulevard struck the back of a van directly ahead of him, police said.
The victim called police on his cell phone, saying he looked in his mirror and saw shots being fired from Haynes' truck. A dispatcher told him to drive to police headquarters and remain on the phone.
Officer Bobby Peacock stopped the truck on Bethany Lane. Haynes was arrested after officer Jon Cooke found the gun under the passenger side seat.
Jail records show Haynes was being held on $15,000 bond Monday.
* Marijuana and pills were taken from a man at Fisherman's Park in downtown Shelbyville early Saturday.
A city parks security officer found Michael Leonard Wolfe, 30, of Archery Lane and a friend standing on the banks of Duck River.
A bottle and glass pipe, both containing marijuana, were on the hood of a nearby vehicle, officer Jody Shelton said.
Wolfe allegedly admitted smoking the pot and told Shelton he had "painkiller" pills in the car's glove box. A bottle containing 66 Tramadol hydrochloride pills was found by Shelton.
Charges of possession of schedule VI and IV drugs and public intoxication were filed against Wolfe, who was released on $4,250 bond. Wolfe's friend, Julie Marie Landreth, 36, listed as living at another Archery Lane address, was charged with public intoxication and posted $250 bond.
* A bag of marijuana was confiscated from a man after he allegedly "revved" this truck's motor for 20 minutes while parked partially in the roadway at Wilson and Lafayette streets late Sunday.
Steven Winfield Little, 29, of South Cannon Boulevard was driving on a revoked license after a DUI conviction, police said. Sgt. Charles Merlo spotted the marijuana between the tool box and rear window of the truck.
Little was charged with driving on a revoked license and possession of a schedule VI drug. He was being held on $2,000 bond Monday.
* A laptop computer, digital camera and jewelry were stolen from a Tillman Street home during the day Sunday, police were told.
All rooms were ransacked, a hole knocked in the kitchen wall and refrigerated food thrown across the floor. A rear door was pried and its window smashed to gain entry and the screen from a rear window had been removed, police said.
Three window screens were damaged and a basement window was broken in an unsuccessful try to enter a home on nearby Morton Street during the same time frame, according to police.
* A telescope was stolen from the back porch of a Womble Road residence Monday, according to the Bedford County Sheriff's Department.
A Rottweiler which a neighbor was feeding because it appeared to be starving bit its benefactor during a dog fight Sunday, police said.
Mistala Cook of Pickle Street was treated at Vanderbilt Medical Center for a wrist bite so deep tendons and a bone were broken, according to police.
Cook was bitten when she attempted to break up a fight between "Bullet" and three other Rottweilers, police said.
The dog was picked up by Shelbyville Animal Control.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Jimmy Douglas Caldwell, 31, Martha Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Thomas David Cobb, 59, Tullahoma; DUI; released, no bond
* James Stephen Darling, 20, Lewisburg; DUI; released, no bond
* Troy Ray Enfinger, 44, Elizabeth Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Christopher Britton English, 23, Virgil Crowell Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Humphrey Melvin Garcia, 19, South Fairoak Street; drinking age law, open container, criminal trespassing, criminal responsibility for conduct of another, simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $5,500 bond
* Joseph Allen Gibson, 35, Halls Mill Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Tyler Christian Grant, 18, Greystone Way; vandalism, drinking age law; released, $1,500 bond
* Lawrence Joseph Haynes, 27, South Cannon Boulevard; aggravated assault with weapon; held, $15,000 bond
* Julie Marie Landreth, 36, Archery Lane; public intoxication; released, $250 bond
* Steven Winfield Little, 29, South Cannon Boulevard; driving on revoked license, possession of schedule VI drug; held, $2,000 bond
* Lidia Marie Lopez, 22, Martha Street; domestic assault, public intoxication; released, $3,000 bond
* Lisa Ann Lynch, 33, Beasley Road; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
* Richard Thomas Lyttle, 52, Murfreesboro; violation of order of protection (two counts); released, $6,000 bond
* Corey David Nickerson, 20, Blue Stocking Hollow Road; DUI, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, speeding; held, $2,500 bond
* Felipe Hernandez Ortiz, 21, Rock Street; contributing to the delinquency of a minor (two counts), open container, public intoxication, criminal trespassing, possession of schedule VI drug, possession of false ID; released, $6,500 bond
* Ronald Edward Patterson, 52, Greensboro, N.C.; theft involving merchandise; released, no bond
* David Lane Peterman, 18, Highway 64 East; vandalism, drinking age law; released, $1,500 bond
* James Edward Rutledge, 53, Manchester; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Jeffrey Lee Snow, 19, Gregory Mill Road; auto burglary, theft of property (two counts), no drier's license/exhibited on demand, leaving scene of accident; held, $15,000 bond
* Deanna Kay Sudberry, 41, Shelbyview Drive; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Corina Lynn Vanderlaan, 46, Martha Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Adam Wyatt Whitworth, 26, Stephens Road; assault; released, no bond
* Michael Leonard Wolfe, 30, Archery Lane; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of schedule IV drug, public intoxication; released, $4,250 bond