Loud music led an intoxicated Woodbury Street man to demand a neighbor turn it down at gunpoint Saturday night, Shelbyville police said.
The neighbor told police Robert Lee Henderson, 44, walked into their yard within 5 feet of a group listening to music, pointed a shotgun and ordered them to turn down the volume of their car stereo.
Lt. Mike Baker said in his report Henderson admitted pointing the shotgun and, when asked why he thought he could "bring a shotgun out on his neighbors," replied, "Because their music was too loud."
The gun was loaded with five rounds of ammunition and Henderson was also armed with three knives, Baker said. A man in Henderson's home said he had unsuccessfully tried to talk him out of leaving the home with the gun.
Henderson was charged with aggravated assault and public intoxication and was being held on $15,500 bond Monday.
A man charged with misusing 911 is in jail after allegedly spitting on and kicking a police officer Friday night.
Tony Wayne Sanders, 44, of Couch Lane told police shortly after 6 p.m. he was struck in the mouth after attempting to break up a fight.
Later in the night Sanders began calling 911 repeatedly and cursing the dispatcher while making false claims about the fight, officer Jerry Lawrence's report said.
Lawrence returned to the home and arrested Sanders for misuse of 911 at that point.
Sanders allegedly spat in the patrol car and on Lawrence and slammed his head against the dividing cage and rear window en route to Bedford County Jail.
Sanders was taken from the jail to Heritage Medical Center after officers discovered he had aggravated an existing injury on his left toe and was bleeding. That didn't stop Sanders from kicking Lawrence at the hospital, where he was treated and released, the report said.
Police also charged Sanders with aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was being held Monday on $4,000 bond.
A young boy and two girls damaged a stuffed toy vending machine at Shelbyville Recreation Center's game room Saturday night, police were told.
Surveillance video showed them atop the machine damaging the inside. The boy reported the machine broken before leaving, an employee told police.
A man and woman grabbed Avon items and ran from a yard sale at Sherwood Trailer Park on Saturday, police were told.
The suspects were described as a white man with gray hair and a white woman with blonde hair. They allegedly took three bottles of perfume and two bottles of lotion.
An 18-speed men's mountain bike was stolen from the back yard of a Lorien Circle home between March 11 and Sunday, police were told.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Artemio Rojas Alcantara, 26, Murfreesboro; driving on revoked/suspended license; held, $2,000 bond
* Dana Marie Bentley, 40, Rolling Road; capias; released, $500 bond
* Crista Jo Bromley, 26, Regent Drive; DUI, open container; released, $500 bond
* Wendy Elizabeth Bush, 48, Fairview; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Ruben Rosendo Cantu, 32, Ranchero Drive; driving on revoked/suspended license (third offense), DUI, criminal impersonation, violation of probation; held, $13,500 bond
* Eldie Lee Farrar, 26, South Cannon Boulevard; domestic assault, public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; released, $3,500 bond
* Belinda Faye Freeman, 31, Germantown Road; contempt of court; released, no bond
* Channa Laurene Good, 20, Lewisburg; domestic assault, drinking age law, public intoxication; released, $1,500 bond
* Leonel Remmanuel Gutierrez, 26, Bethany Lane; aggravated statutory rape (two counts); held, $20,000 bond
* Torey Connell Hayes, 33, Hendon Memorial Road; domestic assault (three counts); held, $15,000 bond
* Robert Lee Henderson, 44, Woodbury Street; aggravated assault, public intoxication; held, $15,500 bond
* Genevieve Sue Keele, 39, Highway 64 East; contributing to the delinquency of a minor, criminal responsibility for conduct of another; held, $5,500 bond
* Glenn Lee Lankford, 30, Lewisburg; driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense); released, $5,000 bond
* Jimmy Lee Mallard, 28, Unionville-Chapel Hill Road; possession/sale of schedule VI drug, possession/sale of schedule II drug, possession/conspiracy to distribute schedule VI drug (two counts), possession/sale of schedule VI drug; released, $450,000 bond
* Paul Albert McCord Jr., 48, Ashland City; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Jennifer Lauren McElhaney, 27, Templeton Street; violation of probation; released, no bond
* Cristy Denise Montalvo, 23, Whispering Oaks Drive; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Vincent James Montalvo, 28, Whispering Oaks Drive; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Jessie Andrew Mooneyham, 24, Tate Avenue; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
* James Larry Moore, 37, Murfreesboro; check law; held, $8,000 bond
* Troy Scott Perryman, 41, Sudberry Road; leaving scene of accident; released, $500 bond
* Chad Lee Roberts, 26, Shelbyville Mills Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Tony Wayne Sanders, 44, Shofner Bridge Road; aggravated misuse of 911, aggravated assault, disorderly conduct, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $4,000 bond
* James Charles Toney Jr., 30, Mac Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Edward Allen VanDusen, 39, South Brittain Street; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
* Jeffrey Tyler Waters, 20, Maple Street; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
* Chad Edward Wilkinson, 39, South Brittain Street; violation of probation; held, $5,000 bond
* Julie Ann Williams, 25, Landers Street; reckless endangerment; released, $1,000 bond