Items suspected to be stolen were found in a vehicle, also reported as stolen, stopped by police in Circle O Trailer Park, Railroad Avenue, early Thursday.
Moments after the car was reported stolen officer Todd Sanders spotted it on North Hillcrest Drive. Sanders said in his report he followed the car into the trailer park before attempting a traffic stop.
Two men bolted from the car, leaving it in gear and rolling, and ran away, police said. The car rolled to a stop against a trailer.
Sanders said he was able to briefly grab the driver, who got away but slipped out of his backpack containing a car stereo, cell phone and wallet.
"The male subject and I fell to the ground," Sanders said in his report. "I then grabbed him by his ankles in an attempt to place him into custody. He started kicking me in the right shoulder and right arm, then slipped out of my grip and got back to his feet and continued running..."
Sanders last saw the man heading into woods behind the trailer park.
The driver was described as white or Hispanic and wearing a gray sweatshirt and dark shorts and the passenger as a black male wearing dark clothing.
As the stolen vehicle was being stopped, another stolen vehicle was found nearby.
A wrecked 1994 Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck was discovered abandoned on Barksdale Lane with damage to the left side and a broken windshield. Later in the morning, the principal of Bedford County Vocational Center, J.G. Helton Drive reported a truck had been driven into two garage doors and a fence at the school. Video showed the stolen truck was used to inflict the damage, police said.
The truck's owner told police he had left it unlocked with keys in the ignition at 1 a.m. Thursday.
A California woman faces drug charges after an arrest by the 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force on Wednesday.
An undercover agent received word that Jeana Marie Nelson, 25, of Hollister, Calif. was "looking to buy some pills," a DTF spokesman said.
Nelson was arrested after meeting the agent at a store parking lot in Shelbyville and purchasing 40 fake oxycontin pills.
Charges of possession of schedule II and schedule VI drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia were filed against Nelson. She posted $2,500 bond at Bedford County Jail.
A Lewisburg man was charged with driving on a revoked license after being stopped for allegedly violating the state's move over law Wednesday morning.
Joseph Roy Gentry, 32, allegedly passed a parked patrol car, with blue lights flashing, on North Cannon Boulevard without moving into the outside lane, officer Jon Cooke said.
Gentry told Cooke he didn't see the police car.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Jose Alfonzo Alcala, 25, Peacock Lane; violation of order of protection; released, $2,500 bond
* Charles Ralph Gawthorp III, 29, Charlie Shaw Road; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
* Joseph Roy Gentry, 32, Lewisburg; driving on revoked license, move over law; released, $500 bond
* Herbert Jefferson Harden, 53, Carter Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Christopher Franklin Haynes, 35, Earnhart Street; driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense); released, $250 bond
* Jonathan Martin Hickman, 31, Nashville; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Davon Eugene High, 27, Railroad Avenue; public intoxication, possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $1,500 bond
* Gary J. Lowe, 28, Morton Street; possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $1,500 bond
* Christopher James Marshall, 28, Jackson, Mich.; possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $1,500 bond
* Imogene Marie Medley, 33, Tullahoma; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond
* Jeana Marie Nelson, 25, Hollister, Calif.; possession of schedule II drug, possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $2,500 bond
* Quayvion Hakeen Patton, 25, Ridgeway Avenue; violation of probation; released, no bond
* Stacie Joanna Towner, 24, Morton Street; possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $1,500 bond
* Patricia Maybelle White, 69, Green Lane; theft involving merchanside; summons delivered
* Larry Michael Winnie Jr., 36, Morton Street; driving on revoked/suspended license, simple possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $4,000 bond