Three people were charged with aggravated assault following a fracas Wednesday afternoon at a Railroad Avenue home.
Police said Alja Lashaun Williams, 24, of Columbia drove by the home yelling at a man inside that he "had something for him." Williams returned several minutes later and struck a woman several times with a baseball bat before the intended victim, a man, took the bat away.
Brandy Lynn Lee, 34, of Barksdale Lane attempted to strike the woman in the head with a tire tool before another man took it out of her hands. Justin Ray Lee, 30, of Barksdale Lane went after the woman with another tire tool before a third man, her boyfriend, grabbed it -- but not before receiving a bloody nose.
One of the men tried to grab Williams' keys as he left but got only a house key that came off the key ring. Williams "threw what appeared to be battery acid out the window of his truck, attempting to get anyone who was in the crowd," officer Bobby Peacock's report said.
The injured woman was treated at Heritage Medical Center for "impact bruises," police said.
The Lees were each charged with aggravated assault and posted $15,000 bond. An additional charge of failure to appear was added to Williams' list; he posted $16,000 bond.
An employee of Huddle House, North Main Street, was charged Tuesday with stealing food.
Wendy Jean Denhoff, 43, of Madison Street allegedly admitted taking two packages of pound cake one package of strawberry mix.
The restaurant's owner told police he saw Denhoff pull two bags containing the items from a garbage bin behind the building, confronted her and asked to see the bags' contents.
Two stolen televisions were recovered at a Shelbyville pawn shop Tuesday, and officers were searching for the suspect
A resident of Cherokee Trail said the suspect left her home Tuesday morning after an overnight stay. She returned home from work shortly before noon to find the front door open and the televisions missing.
The victim called the man, who allegedly told her he had the televisions in his car to keep them from being stolen. He had actually pawned the televisions, worth a combined total of $700, for a total amount of $80.
* A necklace valued at $500 and a charm containing diamonds, worth $700, were stolen from a Greenwood Avenue residence Sunday or Monday, police said.
* A $1 lottery ticket taken Wednesday from a Eagles' Nest Trailer Park home was recovered nearby, police said.
The resident of the trailer said a neighbor ran into and out of the trailer; the neighbor denied doing so or taking the ticket.
See a pistol lying around North Main Street?
A man said he accidently left his black Page .38-caliber revolver atop his car as he drove away from his home. He heard the gun moving on the roof as he approached Walmart, but it fell off and he couldn't find it.
The following were arrested since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Robert Allen Angus, 42, Carney Street; theft involving merchandise; held, $1,000 bond
* Traci Lynn Beavers, 38, Lewisburg; violation of probation; released, $2,000 bond
* Christopher Randall Bonner, 28, Fowler Road; driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense); released, $1,000 bond
* Kyron Sanchey Bryson, 33, Fayetteville; violation of probation (two counts); released, $2,000 bond
* David Edward Burton, 54, Polecat Hollow Road; failure to appear; held, $2,500 bond
* Wendy Jean Denhoff, 43, Madison Street; theft of property; released on recognizance
* Amanda Shae Gilliam, 37, Deery Street; check law (two counts); summons delivered
* Christopher Charles Guillory, 21, St. Rose, La.; failure to appear, bondsman surrender; held, $64,500 bond
* Jeffrey Wayne Haithcote, 50, Highway 64 East; violation of parole; held, no bond
* Andrew Michael Johnson, 25, Unionville-Deason Road; violation of parole; held, no bond
* Jessica Brooke Key, 25, South Brittain Street; driving on revoked/suspended license, promotion of meth manufacture; held, $10,500 bond
* Pamela Jo King, 48, U.S. 41A North; driving on revoked/suspended license (second offense); released, $1,500 bond
* Brandy Lynn Lee, 34, Barksdale Lane; aggravated assault; released, $15,000 bond
* Justin Ray Lee, 30, Barksdale Lane; failure to appear, aggravated assault; released, $16,000 bond
* James Dalton Marsh, 40, Fosterville Road; simple possession of schedule VI drug; held, $1,500 bond
* Vanessa Mae Miller, 30, Greeneville; promotion of meth manufacture; held, $20,000 bond
* Cody Gage Murray-Thomas, 19, Landers Street; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Roxanne Reynolds, 37, Vine Street South, Wartrace; driving on revoked/suspended license, promotion of meth manufacture; held, $11,000 bond
* Gary Scott Rice, 48, Smyrna; possession of schedule VI drug for resale, violation of drug-free school zone; released, $3,000 bond
* Keilonda Danielle Starks, 23, Lebanon; leaving scene of accident; held, $2,500 bond
* Corey Michael Terrell, 20, Lynchburg; failure to appear; summons delivered
* Michael Allen Toombs II, 37, Belmont Avenue; public intoxication; held, $1,000 bond
* Alja Lashaun Williams, 24, Columbia; aggravated assault; released, $15,000 bond
* Michael Wayne Wright, 42, South Brittain Street; initiation of a process resulting in meth; held, $15,000 bond