Two people have been bitten by a dog at Never Rest Park off Lewis Avenue recently, police said. The dog is now in confinement.
A woman was bitten on the leg by the dog, described by both victims as a blue heeler, as she walked Sunday morning. A 12-year-old boy was bitten several weeks ago, police said.
Both victims said the dog is normally kept within a fence in the back yard of a home on Carlisle Avenue, which borders the park.
The dog was "extremely aggressive" toward officer Jon Cooke when he arrived at the home, according to his report, and was picked up by Shelbyville animal control later Sunday.
A jewelry box containing $4,000 worth of items was possibly taken from a Rosewood Drive residence last week, police said.
A window had been broken to gain entry, police said, and a possible suspect who had been living in the home was named.
The following were arrested since Thursday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* William David Berry Jr., 38, Walls Drive; child abuse/neglect/endangerment; held, $100,000 bond
* Terry Lynn Brock, 45, Comstock Road; driving on revoked/suspended license (fifth offense); released, $5,000 bond
* Kevin Scott Bryan, 29, Brookhaven Circle; failure to appear, bondsman surrender; released, $5,000 bond
* Tabitha Lea Casteel, 21, South Brittain Street; violation of probation; held, no bond
* Marina Orosco Cinto, 28, Shelbyville Mills Road; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, light law; released, $500 bond
* Hilaria Amada Estrada, 36, Cottonwood Drive; resist stop/frisk/halt/search, filing false report; held, $3,000 bond
* Carlos Francisco, 25, Bridlewood Drive; public intoxication, resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $3,000 bond
* Breanne Nicole Hadley, 25, Chapel Hill; public intoxication; released, $250 bond
* William Jeremy Hise, 35, Oakwood Place; DUI (second offense); held, $2,500 bond
* Penny Lanelle Holton, 49, Coopertown Road; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license; held, $2,500 bond
* Whitney Diane Houston, 25, Nashville; possession of schedule II drug for resale, possession of schedule II drug with intent to distribute, possession of a weapon during felony; held, $30,000 bond
* William Robert Humphrey, 30, Nashville; possession of a weapon during a felony, possession of schedule II drug for resale, possession of schedule II drug, possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug without prescription (two counts), conspiracy to manufacture/deliver/sell schedule II controlled substance; held, $100,000 bond
* Daniel Luciano Lopez, 23, Old Unionville Road; driving on revoked/suspended license, DUI, failure to maintain lane; released, $3,000 bond
* Jonathan Allen Potts, 35, Highway 82 South; failure to appear; held, no bond
* Trevakias Vondez Rankins, 19, Burt Street; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $1,000 bond
* Devon Gaylon Rich, 20, East Lane Street; driving on suspended license, running red light/stop sign; released, $250 bond
* Richard Todd Street, 44, Lebanon; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Gregorio Cruz Vanloo, 22, Barksdale Lane; domestic assault; held, $3,000 bond
* Sean Michael Velarde, 22, Glosson Circle; fraudulent use of credit card; held, $20,000 bond
* Durece Lucille Weaver, 59, Cates Street; shoplifting; summons delivered
* Jennifer Lynn Weaver, 26, Cates Street; shoplifting; summons delivered