A man who allegedly attempted to force a woman to have sex was charged with domestic assault, sexual battery and false imprisonment early Saturday.
The woman managed to call 911, but hung up without saying anything. Officers responded to the King Arthur Court home, as is normal protocol on 911 hangup calls, and Anthony Walker Lewis Jr. allegedly refused to let them inside.
Police forced their way into the home after seeing the victim on a couch shaking and crying, officer Todd Sanders said in his report. Officers discovered clumps of her hair on the floor and were told of his alleged attempts.
Lewis, 40, was in Bedford County Jail on $25,000 bond Monday.
An attacker allegedly took $4,000 from the purse of her victim, Shelbyville police were told Sunday.
The victim said she was at the home of a woman who allegedly accused her of attempting to steal something as she looked for an envelope, then started hitting her. Another woman kicked her during the attack, she said.
The attacker, who allegedly also took a cell phone, had not been arrested as of Monday.
The victim was treated at Heritage Medical Center's emergency room.
An estimated $120 and unactivated cell phones were taken from an unlocked vehicle at a Cliffside Drive home early Saturday, police were told. The victim said a neighbor had heard her dogs barking about 3 a.m.
Another attempt was made to enter the vehicle -- this time, it was locked -- at 6:23 p.m. Saturday. The victim described a black male wearing dark clothing ran toward Kingree Road after eye contact was made.
A purse containing $100 and medication was taken from an unlocked vehicle at a Juniper Street home overnight Monday, Feb. 3, police were told Thursday.
Marijuana was found on a man at Bedford County Jail after his arrest for public intoxication, police said.
Lindell Chunn, 50, of Ledbetter Street had a bag containing .71 grams of marijuana, jailers discovered. Chunn had been arrested for public intoxication early Sunday on Sevier Street.
Charges of simple possession and introducing contraband into a penal institution were added to the original charge. Chunn posted $1,750 bond.
A magnetized sign was stolen from a truck on North Main Street at midday Thursday.
The following were arrested since Thursday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Carlos Aguilar, 20, Green Lane; DUI, leaving scene of accident, financial responsibility, implied consent; released, $3,000 bond
* Justin Dale Blanton, 24, Orchard Lane; violation of probation; held, $1,000 bond
* Harley Gene Boggs, 19, Bethlehem Church Road; driving on revoked/suspended license, drinking age law, speeding; released, $2,000 bond
* Daniel Thomas Brown, 28, Juniper Street; driving on revoked license, seat belt law; released, $250 bond
* Stephanie Patrice Cagle, 39, Shadrack Street; driving on revoked license, registration law; released, $2,500 bond
* Devin Rhea Carter, 26, McMinnville; driving on revoked/suspended license; held, $500 bond
* Lindell Chunn, 50, Ledbetter Street; public intoxication, simple possession, introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $1,750 bond
* Adulio Cinto, 22, Highway 41A South; domestic assault, violation of probation; released, $12,500 bond
* Scottie Lee Hunt, 31, Bethany Lane; check law (four counts), bondsman surrender, theft of property; released, $3,000 bond
* Shapara Ettalacha Johnson, 24, Cedar River Road; violation of probation; released, $1,500 bond
* Carlene Joann Jones, 34, Pulaski; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, seat belt law; released, $250 bond
* Gavin James Kelley, 26, Beech Grove; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Faith Marie Kelso, 30, Troupe Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Kierra Shontae Leslie, 22, Deery Street; violation of probation; released on recognizance
* Anthony Walker Lewis Jr., 40, King Arthur Court; domestic assault, sexual battery, false imprisonment; held, $27,500 bond
* Natalie Rose Lillie, 32, U.S. 41A South; failure to appear, theft of property; released, $3,000 bond
* Madeline Frances Locker, 37, Shelbyville Mills Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
* Brittany Diane Ludlam, 22, Murfreesboro; domestic assault, theft of property; held, $2,000 bond
* Joseph Ryan McGuffin, 41, Columbia; driving on revoked/suspended license (fourth offense), registration law, financial responsibility; released, $2,000 bond
* Amy Shantel Merlo, 32, East Cedar Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Joey Wayne Nichols, 46, Wildcreek Road; criminal conspiracy to sell schedule III drug, possession of schedule III drug, possession of schedule IV drug; released, $15,000 bond
* Juan Pablo, 34, Depot Street; public intoxication; released, $1,000 bond
* Clinton Michael Reed, 21, King Arthur Court; criminal conspiracy for conduct of another; released, $2,000 bond
* Sherri Rene Reed, 35, Scales Road; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Christopher Bryan Russell, 26, Columbia; failure to appear; held, no bond
* Liborio Domingez Santiago, 28, King Arthur Court; DUI, leaving scene of accident, implied consent, financial responsibility, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $4,500 bond
* Jonathan Jeremiah Smith, 38, East Cedar Street; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $500 bond
* Susie Ann Stewart, 64, Neeley Avenue; domestic assault; released on recognizance
* Emmanuel Topps, 33, Barksdale Lane; assault; released, $250 bond
* Alicia Marie Weber, 25, Whitaker Road; failure to appear, check law (two counts); released, $2,750 bond