Gun theft suspect caught after foot chase
A long foot chase Friday morning resulted in the arrest of a man accused of stealing guns from a relative's barn.
Andrew Phillip Marshall, 22, of Himesville Road allegedly had been "hanging out" in his uncle's barn just down the road from his grandfather's home where he lives, Deputy Garcia Jordan of the Bedford County Sheriff's Department said in his report.
Marshall began running after seeing a marked patrol car, investigators said, and after his arrest said he was expecting to be arrested for violation of parole.
Marshall admitted taking two rifles and a shotgun owned by his grandfather. The guns had been moved to the barn because Marshall, a convicted felon, could not legally live in a home containing guns, the report said.
Charges of theft of property and evading arrest were filed against Marshall, who was being held on $50,000 bond Monday.
* A handheld computer/scanner used by Walmart employees was stolen from a counter in the jewelry department Friday morning, Shelbyville police were told.
Surveillance video viewed by officers shows a suspect looking around the cash register in the garden center until an employee approached, then checked the toy and electronics departments before grabbing the scanner and leaving.
The suspect, described as a white man wearing sunglasses, a dark blue or black shirt and blue shorts, got into the passenger side of a silver or pewter small SUV, possibly a Nissan Murano or similar Mazda.
* A woman allegedly purchased items at Walmart, then placed unpurchased items under them in a cart and attempted to leave Saturday afternoon.
Noemi Delgado-Cisneros, 38, of Deery Steet, was charged with shoplifting and theft of property. She posted $500 bond.
* Walmart security stopped Tiffany Michelle Messick, 21, of Lane Parkway after she allegedly attempted to walk out wearing new tennis shoes after leaving an old pair behind Friday night.
Cassie Rose Ann Bowers, 36, West Lane Street, allegedly attempted to steal a sweater Saturday night after having banned from all Walmart stores for an earlier offense, police said.
Both were charged with shoplifting and released on $1,000 bonds.
* A Roadmaster 18-speed mountain bike was taken from the front porch of a Myers Street residence overnight Friday, police were told.
* A car stereo and two blank checks were taken from a Jeep at a Midland Road apartment complex overnight Thursday.
Marijuana was found in a Jeep after the driver was stopped for speeding Saturday night, police said.
Two grams of marijuana, a grinder and a glass pipe were found after Brandon Potts was stopped for allegedly driving 72 mph in a 55 mph zone on Wartrace Pike, officer Jose Garza's report said.
Potts was charged with simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Carlos Eugene Andrews, 42, Nashville; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, reckless/careless driving; released, $2,000 bond
* James David Begley, 30, Highway 64 West; violation of parole; released, $500 bond
* Tiffany Ann Bonsall, 23, Edgeview Drive; violation of probation, failure to appear, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule VI drug; held, no bond
* Cassie Rose Ann Bowers, 36, West Lane Street; shoplifting; released, $1,000 bond
* Justin Bradley Brewer, 21, Smyrna; violation of probation; released, no bond
* Michael Anthony Caldwell, 31, Clara Drive; driving on suspended license (second offense); released, $1,000 bond
* Latesha Darnell Coleman, 40, Barksdale Lane; DUI, truancy (two counts), driving on suspended license; released, $2,000 bond
* Noemi Delgado-Cisneros, 38, Deery Street; shoplifting, theft of property; released, $500 bond
* Robert William Maher, 55, South Fairoak Street; public intoxication, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $1,000 bond
* Andrew Phillip Marshall, 22, Himesville Road; theft of property, evading arrest; held, $50,000 bond
* Frankie Lee Mays, 56, Wartrace Pike; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Tiffany Michelle Messick, 21, Lane Parkway; shoplifting; released, $1,000 bond
* Crystal Gayle Parks, 30, King Arthur Court; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Mance Frank Reed Sr., 52, Murfreesboro; DUI, driving on revoked license (third offense), financial responsibility; held, $6,000 bond
* Gerald Bruce Rollins, 43, Maupin Circle; public intoxication; released, $1,000 bond
* Jessica Renee Stephens, 25, Shelbyville Mills Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Brandon Allen Stone Sr., 33, Pat Drive; DUI, implied consent; released, $1,500 bond
* Alton Bradford Thomas Jr., 44, Cunningham Lane; DUI (fourth offense), financial responsibility, implied consent, running stop sign; released, $8,000 bond
* Ricardo Velazquez, 21, Smith Street; failure to appear; released, $500 bond