Officers find marijuana suspect denies possessing
A woman who police say denied using or possessing marijuana was arrested Sunday after officers found a half-gram in her vehicle.
Cortney A. Markley was stopped for allegedly crossing the right "fog line" of Belmont Avenue several times. Officer Nathaniel Everhart and Sgt. Cody King both smelled the marijuana and Markley later admitted it was in a bag in the center console, Everhart's report said
Markley was cited into General Sessions Court for possession of marijuana and failure to maintain lane of traffic.
* A chain saw was stolen from a truck's tool box sometime between approximately two weeks before Christmas and Monday morning, the Bedford County Sheriff's Office was told.
No signs of forced entry were found, the report said.
* A utility trailer was taken from the front yard of a Hilltop Drive home, police said.
The trailer was last seen Wednesday afternoon.
* A wallet containing more than $500 was stolen from the dashboard of an unlocked vehicle at a home in Farrar's Trailer Park late Saturday afternoon.
The following were charged since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Tommy Lance Bailey, 43, Bird Street; failure to appear; held, $2,500 bond
* Jarek Thomas Biegas, 30, Virgil Crowell Road; aggravated domestic assault; released, $50,000 bond
* Corie Renee Brannan, 24, Highway 64 West; failure to appear, violation of probation; released, $3,500 bond
* Misty Dawn Cozart, 34, Lewisburg; driving on suspended license, driver to exercise due care; released, no bond
* Ricky Gene Crips, 53, Bethlehem Church Road; driving on revoked license, DUI (second offense); released, $3,500 bond
* Howard Oaky Crosslin, 77, Cleveland Road; disorderly conduct; held, $1,500 bond
* Saul S. Fernandez-Vargas, 22, Cedar River Road; domestic assault, vandalism, interference with emergency calls; released, $6,000 bond
* Alberto Garcia Fuentes, 45, Industrial Parkway; driving on suspended license, speeding; released on recognizance
* Octavius Trevon Harris, 22, Brooklyn Circle; violation of probation; summons delivered
* Michael Troy Haynes, 26, Eastland Avenue; theft of property; released, $1,000 bond
* Brandon Patrick Heath, 27, Murfreesboro; driver to exercise due care, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released on recognizance
* Ernesto Felipe Hernandez, 35, Archery Lane; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, light law, financial responsibility; released, no bond
* Shannon Robert Pierre Hill, 18, Wartrace Pike; DUI; released, $1,500 bond
* Runa Dan Hix, 72, Powell Hollow Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Deandre Ramone Ivery, 30, Memphis; failure to appear; held, $3.000 bond
* Jonathan Lamont Ray, 36, East Cedar Street; driving on suspended license, light law; released, no bond
* Thomas Seymore, 53, West End Circle; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Lydia Marie Shepherd, 31, Spring Hill; driving on revoked license, failure to appear, financial responsibility; held, $53,000 bond
* Ronnie Joe Sudberry, 36, Landers Street; possession of/conspiracy to distribute schedule I drug, possession of schedule I drug; released, $10,000 bond
* Terry Lynn Tucker, 51, Chestnut Drive; DUI; released, $2,000 bond
* Saul Salatiel Vargas, 22, Clara Drive; domestic assault, vandalism, interference with emergency calls; held. $6,000 bond
* Jodie Danielle West, 48, Martin Lane; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
* Tyler Jacob Womack, 20, Shelbyville Mills Road; failure to appear; summons delivered
* Misty Dawn York, 33, Bethany Lane; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond