'International document' fake: Police
A man stopped for speeding Tuesday provided police his "international driver document" when asked for his license by police.
Maximino Barrera Rosales, 32, of Germantown Road later admitted the "document," not recognized by any law enforcement agency, was fake -- and police discovered he had not one, but two real Tennessee licenses, both suspended, with different birth dates on each.
Rosales was charged with criminal impersonation, driving without a license, third offense driving on a suspended license, ad violations of the state insurance and seat beat laws. He was being held on $5,500 bond Wednesday.
A 6x15 roll of carpet was stolen from a Wartrace Pike apartment Tuesday, police said.
The intruder pushed through panel over a boarded-up window, then forced a door open to carry out the carpet, according to Shelbyville police.
Credit card fraud
Stolen credit cards were used for one purchase and one attempted purchase in Shelbyville early Tuesday, police were told.
The alleged user, Jacalyn Nashae Bowman, 31, of Union Street was charged with fraudulent use of a credit card and three counts of theft of property. She admitted stealing one of the cards and said the other was given to her in exchange for services. She was charged with taking three cards in all and posted $10,000 bond.
The following were arrested since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force, They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
• Erykah Reanna Barba, 28, South Cannon Boulevard; violation of probation, failure to appear; held, $2,000 bond
• Michael Shane Blythe, 30, Murfreesboro; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond
• Jacalyn Nashae Bowman, 31, Union Street; fraudulent use of credit/ATM card (blanket bond), theft of property (three counts); released, $10,000 bond
• Kyle Benjamin Burgett, 35, Shelbyville; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond
• Tevin Rao-Lamar Cherry, 25, Dover Street; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond
• Joyce Virginia Jean Crisp, 32, Academy Lane; aggravated burglary; held, $15,000 bond
• Clarence Christopher Curry, 34, U.S. 41A South; driving on revoked license (fourth offense), move over law; released, $2.000 bond
• Charles Jackson Dempsey, 25, Center Street; driving on revoked license; released, $1,000 bond
• Mateo Pacual Garcia, 56, Green Lane; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, speeding; released, $250 bond
• Terry Lee Rhett Harrell, 21, Whitaker Road; failure to appear; held, $10,000 bond
• Brianna Kaye Jeansonne, 22, Shelbyville Mills Road; failure to appear; summons delivered
• Corey Richard Johnson, 22. Anthony Lane; capias; released, $15,000 bond
• Jesse Arden Lowe, 34, Harriman; capias; held, $20,000 bond
• Timberly Montress Martin, 43, Hermitage; failure to appear, capias; held, $12,500 bond
• Brandon Lee Munsey, 24, Rock Street; public intoxication; held, $250 bond
• William Michael Nation, 56, Belmont Avenue; driving on suspended license, light law; released on recognizance
• Sebastian Pascual, 55, Moody Street; failure to appear, gambling; released, $10,000 bond
• James Tyler Posey, 25, Highway 82 South; capias; held, no bond
• Natalia Racine Reed, 48, Chattanooga; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
• Maximino Barrera Rosales, 32, Germantown Road; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, financial responsibility, seat belt law, criminal impersonation, driving on suspended license; held, $5,500 bond
• Justin Ross Tomlin, 22, Helton Road; driving on revoked license; released, $1,000 bond