Fake 'officers' force way into home, take money
Several men claiming to be from a Murfreesboro bail bond company -- and, at one point, police officers -- allegedly took money and a chain saw from two Bridlewood Drive residences last week.
The trailers' landlord told police through a translator that a group of men, all in plainclothes but wearing vests with "agent" patches, pried their way into a locked home Saturday claiming to be police officers. The men, claiming to be looking for a bail jumper, allegedly gathered the residents into one room and threatened to contact immigration officials, officer Brock Horner was told.
One of the residents noticed $225 was missing from her purse after they left.
The same men allegedly forced their way into a nearby trailer last Tuesday and stole a chain saw as they left, and returned Friday without taking anything, police were told.
Another of the men accused in an August home invasion on U.S. 231 North near Deason has been arrested.
Olen Bradfield Kicklighter IV, 22, is charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary. He was taken into custody in Savannah, Georgia by U.S. marshals and has been transferred to Bedford County Jail, where he is being held on $70,000 bond.
John Gooch of Antioch was arrested earlier and Kicklighter's father, Olen Bradfield Kicklighter III of Nashville, also named as a suspect by investigators, is still at large.
The jail intake shows the younger Kicklighter with a Jacksonville, Arkansas address.
Assault on officer
A woman accused of driving while intoxicated was charged with assault on an officer while objecting to her arrest Sunday night.
Andrea Horton allegedly pushed officer Chris Vest during a traffic stop at Walmart and kicked officer Clint Adams while being removed from a patrol car at Bedford County Jail. She was also charged with disorderly conduct and violation of the vehicle light and implied consent (refusal to submit to a chemical test).
One unprescribed oxycodone pill led to the arrest of a suspect Saturday night.
Jeffrey Allen Smith, 36, of Whispering Oaks Drive was being arrested at Bedford Manor for violation of probation when deputy Todd Sanders noticed the pill in his pocket. The additional charge of possession of a schedule II drug resulted in a $6,000 bond. Smith was being held Monday at Bedford County Jail.
• A television and $20 were stolen from an unlocked Purdy Court home overnight Saturday while the resident slept, Shelbyville police said.
Other thefts reported to area authorities:
• A trailer was stolen from the yard of a Mullins Chapel Road home between Thursday and Saturday.
• A cellphone and Social Security card were taken from an unlocked car outside Discount Tobacco Outlet, Madison Street, while the occupants were inside briefly,
• A cellphone and wallet were taken from a man after he passed out at a party Saturday night on Wood Street, police were told. A credit card from the wallet was used early Sunday at a Walmart in Murfreesboro.
The following were charged since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
• Joshua Blake Allen, 33, Warner Bridge Road; DUI (second offense), driving on suspended license, implied consent; held, $5,000 bond
• Sara Jo Barham, 23, Peacock Lane; failure to appear; released, $500 bond
• John Morton Begley, 37, Moody Street; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
• Mary Faye Cook, 33, Bryant Road; domestic assault; released, $1,000 bond
• Jesse Tyler Crosslin, 23, Evans Street; possession of drug paraphernalia, vehicle light law, driving on revoked license; released. no bond
• Felisha Claudette Elliott, 23, Earnhart Street; failure to appear; released, $1,000 bond
• Courtney Michelle Fears, 22, Mount Herman Road; possession of schedule II drug, criminal conspiracy; held, $15,000 bond
• Robert Hilton Gammill III, 22, Coble Circle; domestic assault; released, $5,000 bond
• Felicia Rebecca Garrett, 31, Maplewood Drive; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
• Michael Dale Gipson, 40, Eady Road; driving on revoked license (third offense), financial responsibility, registration law; released, $2,000 bond
• Jake Daniel Johnson, 24, Tullahoma; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, speeding, financial responsibility; released, $1,500 bond
• Olin Bradfield Kicklighter IV, 22, Jacksonville, Arkansas; aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary; held. $70,000 bond
• Kitiara Dyane Lawson, 25, Glenoaks Road; assault; held, $1,000 bond
• Joshua Phillip McAnally, 26, Bethany Lane; driving on suspended license, seat belt law; summons delivered
• Tyler Quinn Niemeyer, 22, Scales Road; simple possession; released, $1,000 bond
• Ashley Nicole Primm, 26, Philpot Road; criminal conspiracy; released, $50,000 bond
• Taylar Mae Quick, 21, Fairfield Pike; criminal conspiracy; released, $50,000 bond
• Jerry Wesley Ratleph, 20, Sunlite Road; financial responsibility, driving on revoked license, speeding; summons delivered
• Loretta Sanders Russell, 54, Madison Street; filing false report; released on recognizance
• Jonathan Esteban Salazar, 55, Sherwood Drive; DUI; released, $500 bond
• Erica Denise Smith, 28, Wartrace Pike; driving on revoked license (eighth offense), failure to maintain lane; released, $3,000 bond
• Jeffrey Allen Smith, 36, Whispering Oaks Drive; violation of probation, possession of schedule II drug; held, $6,000 bond
• Laura Ellen Smith, 30, Frank Martin Road; driving on revoked license, seat belt law; released, $1,000 bond
• Chelsea Paige Taylor, 20, Madison Street; simple possession; released on recognizance
• Joshua Dean Turner, 27, Nashville; violation of probation; held, $1,500 bond
• Maribel Navarro Vandygriff, 22, West Lane Street; failure to appear; released, $1,500 bond