Meth left on nightstand results in suspect's arrest
Meth left on a nightstand alerted police to the presence of drugs at a South Cannon Boulevard home led to a woman's arrest on drug charges early Tuesday,
Shelbyville officer Nick Jordan, investigating an unrelated issue, saw "powdery and rock-like substances," he said in a report. Cynthia Michelle Harris, 34, denied knowledge of the substances but said she was a recovering addict clean for a few months, Jordan's report said.
She later admitted knowledge after syringes and glass pipe with bur marks were found in the home and her possessions, police said.
Harris was charged with possession of a schedule II drug and paraphernalia. She posted $3,000 bond.
A television set, TENS unit and pair of tennis shoes were stolen from a Wartrace Pike home Wednesday.
The victim said the home was locked while he was gone between 7 a.m. and 4:20 p.m. A screen was bent on a window approximately 9 feet off the ground, deputy Jared Featherstone's report said.
A lawn mower trailer kept outside a home on Wildwood Drive in Unionville "for years" was noticed missing Monday.
It's described as silver and 4 feet wide, 7 feet long, the BCSO said.
A man tried to run from the Shelbyville Walmart with five Playstation games in his hoodie Wednesday, police said,
Sgt. Cody King arrested Brandon Rhodes Mitchell, 23, of Dover Street behind a nearby strip mall. Mitchell admitted the theft and was being held on $1,000 bond Thursday at Bedford County Jail.
A suspect allegedly removed two thermometers from packaging, tried to hide them, a bottle of Tylenol and bag of cough drops in his clothing and and leave Dollar General Market, North Main Street, without paying, police said.
Robert Hall was issued a criminal summons for shoplifting.
The following were charged since Wednesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
• David Lesean Baker, 32, East Lane Street; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
• Thomas Wayne Barnes, 44, Highway 130 West; DUI, driving on revoked license, due care; released, $5,000 bond
• Mark Alan Caldwell, 19, Pass Road; statutory rape; held, $5,000 bond
• Kristy Lynn Danorovich, 41, Belmont Avenue; domestic assault; held, $5,000 bond
• Anthony Demetrius Drew, 22, Smyrna; violation of probation; held, $5,000 bond
• Brittney Lee Forman, 23, Nashville; evading arrest, criminal impersonation; released, $5,000 bond
• Cynthia Michelle Harris, 34, South Cannon Boulevard; possession of schedule II drug, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, $3,000 bond
• Antonio Jose Lowe, 34, South Brittain Street; held for extradition
• Brandon Rhodes Mitchell, 23, Dover Street; theft involving merchandise-shoplifting; held, $1,000 bond
• Cheryl Lynn Vollmer, 54, Hickory Drive; possession of schedule II drugs (two counts); held, $10,000 bond