Assault suspect tries to hide pot
An assault suspect was charged with allegedly trying to smuggle marijuana into Bedford County Jail on Monday.
Carlos Dwayne Green, 36, of Green Lane had marijuana in a $5 bill in his clothing after denying to officers he had drugs, a Shelbyville police report said.
Green was initially charged with aggravated domestic assault after allegedly striking a woman at his home, police said.
The following were charged since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
• Thomas Edward Brown, 54, Landers Street; DUI. speeding; held, $1,000 bond
• Cameron Deshawn Gordon, 25, Diane Drive; driving on suspended license; released on recognizance
• Carlos Dwayne Green, 36, Green Lane; aggravated domestic assault, introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $7,500 bond
• Nicole Lee Hankerson, 36, Neeley Avenue; vandalism; released on recognizance
• Ashley Chantal Marsh, 28, Dover Street; no proof of insurance, driving on suspended license, failure to exercise due care; released on recognizance
• Sylvia Ann Shew, 40, Jack Pickle Road; failure to appear, no proof of insurance, vehicle light law, driving on suspended license; held, $1,000 bond
• Eddie Brian Stacy, 46, Pokey Brown Road; aggravated assault; released, $3,000 bond
• Timothy Brian Turner, 49, Manchester; habitual motor vehicle offender, possession of schedule II drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving on revoked license; released, $20,000 bond
• Rhonda Lee Woodard, 35, Dunnaway Street; no proof of insurance, vehicle light law, driving on suspended license; released, no bond