Vandals attack camera-carrying man
Two men attacked a man they thought was attempting to record them vandalizing a vehicle at a Bridlewood Drive home Wednesday night, Shelbyville police were told.
The victim said he had his cellphone in his hand but was not recording them. He was unable to describe his assailants except that they were Hispanic.
A witness told police one suspect's clothing resembles that of a man police late found at a nearby home.
The suspects were allegedly throwing a bottle at a vehicle when they spotted the victim, police said.
A caller claiming to be from a online computer firm scammed a Shelbyville woman out of almost $500 Wednesday, according to a Bedford County Sheriff's Office report.
The caller said he represents Techies 24/7, which she has paid before, and they were refunding her $200 she'd paid for six months of service.
The victim gave the caller her credit card number and later discovered a $490 unauthorized charge to a Best Buy store.
A email sent to the victim was from Chicago, deputy Tyler Salyers's report said, The caller contacted the victim wile Salyers was at her home. He determined the call came from a New York City area code.
A Dixie Chopper zero-turn lawn mower has been missing for two weeks from a Wartrace Creek Road home, the Bedford County Sheriff's Office was told Wednesday.
The following were charged since Wednesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
• Marcos Bartolome, 23, White Street; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
• Eva Elizabeth Boutwell, 30, Murfreesboro; violation check law/worthless checks; released on recognizance
• Michael Anthony Caldwell, 35, Moody Street; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
• Melvin Coots, 62, Couch Lane; aggravated assault (two counts); held, $10,000 bond
• Keontis Dontrel Cunningham, 21, Murfreesboro; aggravated assault; held, $75,000 bond
• Sandy Lynn Fullbright, 35, Columbia; violation of probation, failure to appear; held, $6,000 bond
• Ronnie Neal Hassell, 30, Smyrna; failure to appear; released, $500 bond
• Tyler Jon Larabee, 21. Railroad Road; driving on suspended license. DUI, seat belt law, open container, financial responsibility, due care; released, $4,500 bond
• Amy-Lin Larocque, 44, Elizabeth Street; violation of probation; held, $2,000 bond
• Carl Alford Perkins, 26, Shapard Street; failure to appear, capias; held. $10,000 bond