Trump isn't truthful
To the Editor:
By the tone of the letter from Stella Adcock in the Times-Gazette of April 26, you would think Donald Trump is a saint. I think most of us have seen Mr. Trump's terrible attitude, his obstruction of justice, and his penchant for lying. In fact, Trump lies more than he tells the truth. He has over 10,000 lies to date.
Mr. Mueller tried to leave the decision of obstruction of justice to congress yet William Barr, a handpicked Trump sycophant, took it on himself to lie about the findings. On April 30, we learned that Mueller had written a letter to Barr disagreeing with Barr. Barr has been hiding this from the American people.
I would like to refute the fourteen points Ms. Adcock gave in support of Trump.
1. The so-called tax cut was for the rich. Ms. Adcock may be so rich this has helped her, but most people I have talked with had to pay extra taxes this year, including myself.
2. ISIS has not been destroyed.The leader of ISIS just appeared in a video after having not been seen in 5 years.There have also been many ISIS bombings in recent days.
3. The deportations are mainly women and children. Where are the gang members who have been deported? This is a lie.
4. Trump did away with business regulations to help his rich friends. He did nothing for small businesses.
5. Supreme court justice Gorsuch may be all right but Kavanaugh is a likely drunk and sexual predator.
6. Ms. Adcock is right that Trump "mad" us energy independent. He stays mad at the world.
7. Trump derides the FBI and CIA every time he speaks. That does not sound like someone in favor of law and order.
8. The mandate was removed from the Affordable Care Act to cripple it. Anyone who knows about insurance knows it is based on the law of large numbers. When the pool shrinks the cost will be higher. Trump has caused the cost to rise.
9. Betsy Devos and her brother are two of the worst people ever. She is all about vouchers so the rich can have their private schooling paid for.
10. From all the reports we see it looks like the veterans are having a terrible time getting the health care they deserve. There are major delays reported all around the country.
11. Trump's love, Kim Jong Un, is firing up his weapons again. Kim has found new love in Putin so he is choosing him over Trump.
12. Trump has ruined trade agreements with every country. He is all for high tariffs and no country will work with him.
13. We have seen few signs that he is rebuilding our military. He worries about his wall so much he has little time for anything else.
14. Some jobs have been created, such as they are. Where are all the coal and steel jobs he promised to the people who are hurting so badly? He knew those jobs would never return.
Trump is an expert snake oil salesman. He throws a little glitter over here and back over there to keep his base with him. He is similar to Jim Jones who had his followers drink poisoned Kool Ade. We all need to keep a close eye on Trump as he is tearing our country apart. He is more of a dictator than he is a president.
We are spending more than $30 million keeping Trump going to Mar-A-Lago and the charges for everyone going there with him.
Guidelines for letters to the editor
The Times-Gazette publishes letters to the editor as space allows, and reserves the right to refuse any letter and to edit for content and length.
All letters become the property of the Times-Gazette upon submission. Letters must be typed or clearly handwritten, and must include the phone number and address of the writer for verification purposes.
Please submit letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to: Times-Gazette, Attn: Letters to the Editor, P.O. Box 380, Shelbyville, TN, 37162.